Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

Here's the sitch:

My needs for a portable electronic device are more for some instant messaging, and for e-mail. But I've not found a plan that I like, so I've just kept a PAYG cell phone, since I rarely use voice on a cell.

The better half has a plan with Rogers where the 3-yr contract is up in 5 months. She just got a BB for work.

So I'm thinking about taking over her cell contract, and getting an upgrade to a BB. I'm willing to bring my own BB to Rogers.

What should I expect Rogers to offer? Will Rogers want another 3-year contract? Is there a plan with PAYG minutes and 500 MB data (data focused)? Is it better to get a BB with my plan, or bring my own?

Any other advice?

·
Super Moderator
3,996 Posts
If you bring your own Blackberry you won't necessarily have to sign a contract. If you can live with WiFi you could stay on PAYG (you can also buy a data day pass from Rogers; 20MB of data for 24 hours for 2.99).

If you need a data plan Rogers will probably make you sign a contract so in that case it likely makes more sense to get a subsidized Rogers Blackberry and save money. The big advantage to bringing your own is that if you can avoid a contract you can leave whenever you want.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts