Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone else notice this in the 3rd season premiere or am I nuts?

The scene in a fancy locker room, behind Broyles the nameplate says "R. Luongo" :D They must've filmed that scene at Rogers Arena or perhaps the practice facility?

I love seeing the little giveaways that it's filmed in Vancouver. For example, the taxicab driver from NYC who lives on Hastings ;)

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Yep I saw that. I did a double take when I saw A. Alberts, also.

Its the Canucks main dressing room.

Pretty good ep.1 this season.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Good start to the season, greater emphasis on the uberplot. The 'tougher' Olivia is interesting in many ways.

The other thing that was neat was how they're recreating an alternative future history of The Wire (HBO series 2002 - 2007).

The cab driver is the same actor who played Bubs in The Wire, and his back story in the premiere fit perfectly with an alternative 'Wire World' where Bubs gets his life together. And Broyles is played by the same actor that played Lieutenant Daniels in The Wire; again, in a alternative Wire World, the Broyles role is plausibly what Daniels would have ended up doing.

Now I'm waiting for the alternative world version of Special Agent Dana Scully to show up as commander of the para-military version of Fringe....

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
I wonder if they're going to keep with the current theme of focusing primarily on one universe for an entire episode. The other-Olivia is a nice distraction, but I find the vulnerability of the real-Olivia makes her a much more compelling character.

·
Banned
434 Posts
i thought episode 2 was staggeringly good. season 3 rocks. fringe used to be near the bottom of shows i looked forward to, now its probably number uno.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Very good so far. The only show I "must" watch every week.
Whats up with Charlie? Bet she brings him back with her to the good universe.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I'm really impressed by Anna Torv's acting. She used to be so wooden in season one but now she's really good.

I think Fring is actually better than The X-Files. The storytelling is much more coherent.

·
Registered
350 Posts
New Fringe Fanatic

I watched a few episodes of season one when they first aired. I liked it but not enough to make the effort. Went back this weekend and watched a couple of more, now I am hooked.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts