Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

61 - 80 of 264 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
That would explain why my PVR missed recording it. :(
The Rogers IPG is certainly not much of a fringe benefit to having the Rogers PVR.
It is annoying, but I guess if we keep sending them our money, we are really saying that we are OK with it...... :confused:

This belongs in another discussion, so I don't want to pursure this line here. 'Nuff to say that we did get the episode, and I am finding this show to be a very healthy exercise in our ability to suspend our disbelieve. As well as suspending rational thoughts and realistic expectations. If you are OK with this, the show is good.

At least on Eureka, you expect weird things that are never explained and discontinuities in stories and story arcs. That is not a directions I thought Fringe would be going.....

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I have a feeling that the audio problems originated with Shaw/Starchoice. Having the wrong audio playing on a program would seem to be something that could happen in a situation where you are simsubbing everything all the time and some switch was hit incorrectly. It would be really strange for a station (ie FOX Seattle) to have another channels audio running anywhere near their control room. The torrent of the show is large (over 1gb) and pretty slow. I couldn't get all of it even though I left my computer on all night last night.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
The torrent of the show is large (over 1gb) and pretty slow. I couldn't get all of it even though I left my computer on all night last night.
You must be downloading the HD version. Download the non-HD version which will take a lot less time--only 350meg in size. You will be surprised at how good the picture quality of the smaller file is.

·
OTA Forum Moderator
24,867 Posts
Fox Network Buys Remainder of Fringe Season

Fox Wants More Fringe
Network gives full-season order to rookie drama.

By B&C Staff

Fox picked up the back nine episodes of its rookie drama, Fringe .

The show has averaged a 4.2 rating/11 share in the adult 18-49 demographic and 10.7 million viewers. Those numbers
make Fringe the No. 1 new show of the young fall season, according to Fox.

The full-season order comes after Fringe -- which was heavily marketed by the network coming into the season -- got
off to a modest start in its first week before a House lead-in that began in week two gave it a new round of
sampling.

"We're having a blast working on this show with this great team of producers," Fox Entertainment president
Kevin Reilly said. "The series has really taken off creatively, and it's exciting to see that the audience is
responding. We believe this is the first full season of many years to come."
http://www.broadcastnewsroom.com/articles/viewarticle.jsp?id=535968

No word on A Channel (CTVglobemedia) plans for Canada.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
I'm sure it will be aired, the question is if it gets good ratings will it move to CTV when Dancing With the Stars ends in November?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Love this new show, really find it interesting, make for a great night of TV with NCIS..Find the cast rather good also, variety of weirdness. The lead woman rocks. Thought last night they came back with a full bang.

·
Registered
461 Posts
If anyone is interested, Wildstorm Comics (an imprint of DC) is publishing a 6 part Fringe comic book. So far 2 issues have been released. It focuses on Walters backstory and so far has been very good.

·
OTA Forum Moderator
24,867 Posts
It is soooooo derivative of X-Files that it almost goes without saying, right down to the opening theme and graphics. Maybe in the future there will be a jump-the-shark moment with Scully, Mulder, Doggett, or Reyes showing up, or maybe the Lone Gunmen!

Still though we love Fringe.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
The last ep with the brains was...wow. great! Cant wait to see whats next. I watched the 'Observer' Ep again last night. I think its my fav. so far.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Last episode was great, too. The opening scenes are always very movie-like. Wife even asked me what movie I was watching. And they don't hold back on the gore, either.

·
Registered
344 Posts
The way Walter talks, it reminds me of Vincent Price for those who know who Vincent Price (Edgar Allen Poe movies early 60s). It's all ways calm with bit of wit and humour.

61 - 80 of 264 Posts