Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Before I get on to Bell about this I thought I would ask here first.

For about 2 months now the Bell e-mail server keeps asking me to reenter my password. Sometimes it can go 2-3 days without asking and then it will ask 3 times in a day. I have checked all the entries in my e-mail program (Mail) and all seems OK. I have an iMAC for over a year and this never happened before. Question is: is it my hardware/software or their server.
Any ideas?

Regards Bill

·
Registered
358 Posts
I had the same issue with Outlook 11 (For Mac) last month and I went in and erased everything in my Keychain related to Bell Internet.

Went back in to Outlook, entered my password once more and it has been good since.

·
Registered
225 Posts
"Mail" password request-me too!!

I have an iMac w/ OS 10.6.7

This happened to me two years ago and now is happening again. I think it is a software 'feature'!!

·
Super Moderator
56,507 Posts
I use Entourage on my G5 Mac 10.5.8. Sometimes if my connection to the Rogers server doesn't go through properly, Entourage asks me to enter my PW, however, it's not because of the PW, it's because the connection didn't go through correctly. Perhaps that is happening to you - the message on the screen may not be indicating the "real" issue?

I never have to enter my PW manually if the connection is good. Entourage does the complete connection including PWs and two e-mail accounts all automatically. I'm not sure if Mail works that way or if you always have to enter a PW manually.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
topherpaquette I have done what you suggested with the keychain and reentered my password in mail. We will see in the next few days what will happen.

if that does not solve the problem then perhaps it is a login problem and I don't get properly connected to the server at Bell. I'll worry about that if and when it happens again.

I thank everyone for their replies and will post results as they happen or better yet when they don't happen.

Regards Bill

57 I never have to enter my password. Only since I started to have this problem. Thx

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Since my OP I have not had another request for a password. It would seem that erasing and resetting the keychain has fixed the problem. Never heard of that causing a problem before but I guess it can become corrupted the same as other files.
Thanks for your help.
Regards Bill

1 - 7 of 7 Posts