Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Popo here, from Montreal: sorry about my limited english.

After that BS about the «new» 530 software, that we will never get at the end, now SD is getting on my wife nerves...

SD move channels 703 and 705 (SRC Winnipeg and SRC Edmonton) to 788 and 789.

The joke? On channel 787, it is said: if you get no picture on 788 and 789 «it is time to get a new receiver»... /$%??&***
WTF???
It's no problem for me, in the baseman with the 530 (I get a picture on the two), but upstairs, my wife has a 205 and a 305, so no picture...

With all the bugs they have with the 530, you will never see me bying a new 530, especially that I paid 700 $ for it, and now it is half price...

Enough making fun of the customers, Jimbo!!!

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Those channels were moved to 8psk modulation. The following models are 8psk capable: 209/319/505/530
All other models are not 8psk.

If you call, they will offer you a 319 receiver for $29. It's a really good sd receiver; it's much faster than the 205 and 315.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
I think you need a DSR 207 or 317 to get SRC Winnipeg and Edmonton. It is the same for CBC Regina. Anything "higher" than this (for example a 209) will work as well.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Just phone up Shaw Direct and they will probably swap out for two 209s or a 209 and 319 if they have any left.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Poposky30:

By taking them up on the DSR319 for $29 you will also get a receiver that has a guide just like the guide in your DSR530. More channels will be moving to 8psk soon so things are going to get worse. I think the $29 includes shipping AND a new remote as well. The DSR319 was originally $99 new.

Not an ideal situaltion but at least SD is making the conversion inexpensive.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Can anyone call and get this $29 receiver deal?

My old 405 is still chugging away but if I can hook up another tv for that price (I'm already paying the multi-receiver fee) I'd be all over it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Can anyone call and get this $29 receiver deal?

My old 405 is still chugging away but if I can hook up another tv for that price (I'm already paying the multi-receiver fee) I'd be all over it.
just give them a call and you will get the 29$, brand new recever , promotion .

·
Registered
146 Posts
I upgraded to a DSR-319 and it works great. Both 788 & 789 are coming in fine, and 703 & 705 have now been turned off. Not sure if they're gonna leave them at 788 & 789 or move them back into the 703 & 705 slots once the dust settles.

I've read that the French channels will be the first to experience this migration to 8PSK, so if you want to be ready when the puck drops in October, it would be a good time to upgrade. (Actually, I have not read of any plans to move RDS yet, but ultimately it will come......)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
AE COLLECTOR:

Just got the 3 receivers I ordered (319). They work great, but no new remote. The CSR told me if a want the 319 with a remote and all the RCA wiring, it will cost me 119$ each.

Po

·
Registered
783 Posts
AE COLLECTOR:

Just got the 3 receivers I ordered (319). They work great, but no new remote. The CSR told me if a want the 319 with a remote and all the RCA wiring, it will cost me 119$ each.

Po
Yes getting the new remote seems to be somewhat hit and miss. I assume the official statement is that they don't come with a remote for $29 but the shipping guy probably is supposed to open the boxes and remove them but tends to forget sometimes.

·
Registered
23 Posts
If you are near Quebec or Trois-Rivieres, Acces Electronique have OEM remotes for all receivers for any provider. They are 4,99 each and are refurbished to like-new condition. They ship by mail but they take credit card only.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts