Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Cisco CIS430 PVR and the Cisco CIS330 HD box. The PVR plays smoothly, but when I go to playback PVR content through the CIS330 box it freezes for a few seconds before it starts, and if I fast foward 30secs or go back 7secs if freezes for a few seconds again. It gets rather annoying.

Does anyone else have this issue and a fix?

I had the techs replace the HD box once as it was freezing really bad, it always did the temporary freezing as above, but after they replaced it the long freezing stopped. One tech said he didn't think any freezing was normal, the other didn't know. They offered to replace the PVR box as well, but I did not get that replaced yet.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have noticed the same thing.

Don't know if this will help, but I suspect there will be a different response time with a STB controlling a disk drive over a network than controlling a disk drive locally. So the 330 needs to send commands over the network to control the disk drive in the 430.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I figured too Artiecon, but when the install tech told me he did not think it was normal I figured I'd see if this is "normal" by posting here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
We've got the Scientific Atlanta STB's and we get that same freezing when skipping foward or backward. It doesn't do it on our PVR box either.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts