Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With this plan a subscriber can only use a tablet but how would they know, or better still why would they care, if a person is NOT using a tablet?

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
maybe they can restrict it to certain devices based on what imei the sim card is registering? they know all that info so if they want to enforce it with that internet plan then absolutely they can, but if they dont actually enforce it you can put the sim in a smart phone if it works then just the data will work not voice calls then why not? but whats to say later on down the road they start enforcing it and it does not work rite? you will be screwed. so try to play it safe

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
maybe they can restrict it to certain devices based on what imei the sim card is registering? they know all that info so if they want to enforce it with that internet plan then absolutely they can, but if they dont actually enforce it you can put the sim in a smart phone if it works then just the data will work not voice calls then why not? but whats to say later on down the road they start enforcing it and it does not work rite? you will be screwed. so try to play it safe
Also.........does the tablet need to be purchased from F.M. itself?

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
No idea. But I doubt it. Tablets are sold everywhere you just need one with 4g LTE capability

·
Registered
65 Posts
I don't know about Freedom but -
5 years ago Fido offered 3 GB for $15/mo plus a free LG Pad 3 if you signed for 24 months.
I signed up at Wireless Wave.

10 months ago I signed up with Fido online for a free ZTE Grand X 4 by clicking "add a line" and got it on a 4 GB plan for $5/mo over 2 years. Yes - $5/mo. Seriously 5 dollars and free 8 inch tablet with Android 10.

I cancelled the 3 GB plan after that.

Recently I signed up for a 10 inch Mediapad 4 GB plan for $10 /mo.for 24 months.

The sim works in a phone. It's great with a dual sim phone like the Pixel to pair with something like Public Mobile.

They are available now if you can sign up. It's supposed to be for those with a voice line but I never have had a voice line with Fido.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Same here. Got the Fido 3 GB plan. Have used it in a dual sim phone. Tablet is long gone. Went to quit and they halved the monthly for me. 8+ including tax for 3 GB.

·
Registered
65 Posts
^^^^^^

I had the half price discount too for 2 years then they raised it back to $15. and wouldn't discount it any further. Since I also had the $5 plan I cancelled it.

If you want another free tablet you just have to take your pick and click the add a line button because you still have a post paid account.

The plan is 4GB for $10. If you add a ZTE Grand they give you a minus $5 cost - so 10 minus 5 equals $5/mo for 24 months.

I have two 8 inch tablets so I took The Huawei 10 inch for free. So I pay 10 minus nothing equals $10/mo for 24 mo.

A Galaxy tab A is $5 plus 10 for the plan equals $15/mo.

Eye Pads are $35/mo or $50/mo. depending on how good they are.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts