Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

221 - 240 of 268 Posts

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Has anyone successfully registered for My Account on the Shaw Direct website? Doesn't work for me. Sorta want to just so I can see if I get CTV GO.
I was wondering this same thing but mine isn't installed yet, I've been dragging my feet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Upgraded your LTSS? No going back now...

Just an update… I got called about the $14.99 LTSS upgraded package, and verified that I can go back to LTSS at anytime. The person on the phone said “no”. So I double-checked with a chat agent this morning:

Madelaine (08:55:08):
Right now, if you upgrade to the $14.99/month LTSS package, you can no longer go back to the non-pay LTSS package. The program ended and the codes will not be available to put back once we remove it to add the $14.99/month package.
So there you have it, no going back now if you upgrade to the LTSS $14.99 package. I suspect people who upgraded before the “codes went away” are equally screwed… though I suspect if they complained loudly enough the request would go to the back office and they would have IT revert the service.

Easy decision for me then…

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
upgraded package

I took the upgraded package, and the woman at the phone told me that i can't go back to LTSS.
It's Ok for me.
I also took the "time shift" for 0.99 $ for the first six months, and 4,99$ after.
I think it's a good deal : all the channels i wanted for more or less 20$...

The OTA signal was too unstable at the cottage

·
Registered
983 Posts
Just an FYI for LTSS customers.

I'm a private satellite contractor. I recently did a service call for a lady using the LTSS service.

Her cable had been accidentally cut outside by contractors working on her building.

When she called Shaw for a service call, she was told Shaw does NOT do service calls for LTSS customers.

·
Super Moderator
16,573 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sadly,, i was just made aware of the now ended LTSS program. Does anyone know of any other similar program that would still be available to me in rural Ontario?

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
That was the only one. You could wait and see what Shaw Direct offers for Skinny Basic, or check TVfool to see what you could get from antenna.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Moving LTSS?

I have been an LTSS subscriber since 2014. I unfortunately have to move and I called Shaw and was told that I cannot bring the LTSS service to my new house, even though my new house is in the same town and does not receive OTA service either. Does anyone have any advice on how I can get free TV at my new house?

·
Registered
8,654 Posts
Just move the receiver and dish yourself or find someone that can do it for you. Also sign up for paperless billing so they don't need your new address.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Hello everyone on the LTSS and/or Digital Lite program. I know that the original $9.99 Digital Lite 2-year promo is coming to an end for most who were transitioned from LTSS to Digital Lite in December 2013. Has Shaw contacted any of you to renew the Digital Lite package? My father-in-law apparently was able to get a 'forever' Digital Lite plan for $15/month. I haven't had the chance to get any details from him yet, so I thought I'd throw this out there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just move the receiver and dish yourself or find someone that can do it for you. Also sign up for paperless billing so they don't need your new address.
As I am an LTSS subscriber, there is no bill. I am wondering if anyone else has ever tried to just move the dish, as when I asked Shaw about it, they told me that even if I were to move next door it wouldn't work because it has to be calibrated or something.

·
Super Moderator
16,573 Posts
@miss_my_ota The dish has to be properly mounted and precisely aimed at Shaw Direct's satellites, which requires basic skills and patience if you've never done it before.

Once that is done, it should work anywhere in Canada where you have direct line of sight to the satellites. There is no technology in the dish or receiver that locks it to a specific physical location.

There are threads in this forum that can help if you want to do it yourself.

·
Registered
522 Posts
northcountry: two possibilities the new dish is out of alignment, or you have a different LNB at the new address compared to the previous one.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Hello everyone,
I just wanted to touch base with the LTSS customers that still exist out there in TV land.
I recently reverted back to LTSS from the discounted Digital Lite package which had expired. The CSR told me this is the last time I'd be able to revert back to LTSS and that LTSS is expiring in August 2019.

Anyways I just wanted to share the above. I also wanted to know if anyone else has noted additional available channels to LTSS users (outside of the original channels offered). I've noticed I have TVO HD, APTN HD, City Montreal HD, as well as the BC Legislature and Northern Canada Legislature channels. Short of flipping through the channels one-by-one, does anyone have any other additional channels?

·
Super Moderator
16,573 Posts
Here is written confirmation from Shaw Direct of the August 2019 date:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/11-shaw-direct-satellite/143941-free-satellite-canadians-losing-ota-ltss-no-new-applications-15.html#post2266473

It sounds like you are getting the CRTC mandatory channels as discussed in footnote 5, so you may also get The Weather Network and CPAC:

Broadcasting Regulatory Policy CRTC 2015-96
Currently, these services are APTN, CPAC, AMI-tv, AMI-tv français, TV5/UNIS in all markets; RDI, TVA, The Weather Network and AMI-audio in English-language markets; CBC News Network, Météomédia, Canal M and Avis de Recherche in French-language markets; and the Legislative Assemblies of Nunavut and the Northwest Territories for direct-to-home satellite distributors in Nunavut and the Northwest Territories.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Shaw/LTSS no channels but listings works

Is there a problem with one or more of the satellites that the LTSS service in Ontario uses? Everything was working OK on Sunday but when I turned the satellite box on yesterday afternoon all channels were black with no sound. When I change channels the information appears at the bottom of the screen like normal shows and shows the programs that should be on and the listings part works so it must be receiving something from a satellite somewhere......

221 - 240 of 268 Posts