Things You'll Need:
1. Connect your computer's dial-up modem. Check that your phone line is securely connected to your computer.
2. Click the Vista "Start" button, select "All Programs," and then select "Windows Fax and Scan."
3. If you haven't sent a fax before, the Fax Setup Wizard will appear. Follow the on-screen instructions to set up your computer to send and receive faxes.
4. When the fax program opens, click "Tools," and in the dropdown menu select "Fax Accounts" and click on "Add" to complete the process of establishing the fax. connection.
5. To send a fax, select "New Fax" on the toolbar and enter a recipient and fax number when the window opens. The "To" field in the fax window is linked to addresses stored in Outlook or in the Windows Address Book so it can easily retrieve your contact's fax number and enter it in this field. Manually enter the name and number if it's not in the address book.
6. Enter your fax message, then hit "Send." You've sent a fax in Vista.
A forum community dedicated to Canadian TV, computing and home theatre owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about home audio/video, displays, troubleshooting, styles, projects, DIY’s, product reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!