Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't find another thread about this anywhere else, but has anyone else noticed that Shaw's free offering of Edmonton digital channels (CITV-DT and CKEM-DT) are no longer available? Or is it just me? Looks like I'll have to use a real antenna again...

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I didn't find another thread about this anywhere else, but has anyone else noticed that Shaw's free offering of Edmonton digital channels (CITV-DT and CKEM-DT) are no longer available? Or is it just me? Looks like I'll have to use a real antenna again...
See here. #276

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=110017&page=19

Oh and if you complain to the CRTC they will tell you this.

"Thank you for taking the time to contact the CRTC.

I do not have any relief for you under CRTC regulations.

The cable and satellite companies provide services in exchange for a fee. The companies are not required to provide any services to any party that are not paid for.

Historically, the CRTC regulated only the price of basic cable television services. The CRTC has never regulated the price or terms of extended, discretionary programming or the set top boxes required to receive them. As such, the CRTC is unable to take action on your complaint.

If the signals you are interested in are available over the air, you should be able to purchase a digital tuner compatible with your computer to receive those HD signals over the air. Thus, you wouldn’t need access to the cable company’s signals or infrastructure.

Thank you again for contacting the CRTC."

1 - 2 of 2 Posts