Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is up with this channel. All they air is Soccer programming, they might as well rebrand themselves. Who owns this channel anyways?

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Rumour has it they're going off the air soon. The problem, as I see it, is they don't air enough good soccer.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess they get all their programming from the Fox Soccer channel which also must have mediocre programming.

·
Registered
699 Posts
FOX soccer channel has the rights to many great games in the USA....In canada its another useless digital channel that relies on a brand name and offers no content.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
+1
the only reason to have that channel is the Fox Soccer Report
I enjoy Sky Sport News as well sometimes.

Thenewdc, FSC owns rights to most of the top Premier League, Champions League and Serie A games, but in Canada Sportsnet, Setanta and The Score own the rights to these. If FSWC would pay for rights to these leagues (they used to sublicense Premier League and Serie A), then the channel would be good to have.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I noticed on my Bell TV bill that Fox Sports World Canada will no longer be available starting November 23. Does this mean Global/Shaw is doing away with the channel or is Bell just dumping it?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts