Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The networks will be announcing their fall schedules this week. To get things started, here is the status of the existing shows:

Canceled
Almost Human
American Dad - Moving to TBS
Dads
Enlisted
Raising Hope
Rake
Surviving Jack

Renewed
Bob's Burgers
Bones
Brooklyn Nine-Nine
Family Guy
Glee
New Girl
Sleepy Hollow
The Following
The Mindy Project
The Simpsons

Source

·
Super Moderator
17,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Fox fall 2014 schedule

(All Times ET/PT)

MONDAY
8:00-9:00 PM GOTHAM (new)
9:00-10:00 PM SLEEPY HOLLOW

TUESDAY
8:00-9:00 PM UTOPIA (new)
9:00-9:30 PM NEW GIRL
9:30-10:00 PM THE MINDY PROJECT

WEDNESDAY
8:00-9:00 PM HELL'S KITCHEN
9:00-10:00 PM RED BAND SOCIETY (new)

THURSDAY
8:00-9:00 PM BONES
9:00-10:00 PM GRACEPOINT (new)

FRIDAY
8:00-9:00 PM MASTERCHEF JUNIOR
9:00-10:00 PM UTOPIA (new)

SATURDAY
7:00-10:30 PM FOX SPORTS SATURDAY

SUNDAY
7:00-7:30 PM NFL Game
7:30-8:00 PM BOB'S BURGERS
8:00-8:30 PM THE SIMPSONS
8:30-9:00 PM BROOKLYN NINE-NINE
9:00-9:30 PM FAMILY GUY
9:30-10:00 PM MULANEY (new)

BACKSTROM (new), BORDERTOWN (new), EMPIRE (new), HIEROGLYPH (new), THE LAST MAN ON EARTH (new), WAYWARD PINES (new) and WEIRD LONERS (new) join the schedule in 2015, as do returning series AMERICAN IDOL XIV, THE FOLLOWING and GLEE, among others.

Also announced for the 2014-2015 season are brand-new LIVE specials JUMP OF THE CENTURY (working title), PITBULL’S NEW YEAR’S REVOLUTION (working title) and GREASE LIVE (working title).

Additional FOX series include: AMERICAN IDOL, ANIMATION DOMINATION HIGH-DEF, BOB'S BURGERS, BOOM!, BONES, BROOKLYN NINE-NINE, FAMILY GUY, THE FOLLOWING, GLEE, HELL'S KITCHEN, HOTEL HELL, MASTERCHEF, MASTERCHEF JUNIOR, THE MINDY PROJECT, NEW GIRL, THE SIMPSONS, SLEEPY HOLLOW and SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE. TEEN CHOICE 2014 will also return to the FOX schedule.

Additional new and returning series and schedule information to be announced.

Photos from the new and returning series are available at http://www.foxflash.com/div.php/main/page?aID=1z2z2z381z5z5]. Additionally, embeddable promotional video from the new series will be posted to www.foxflash.com at the conclusion of the FOX 2014 Programming Presentation shortly after 5:00 PM ET today.]

Full Press Release and new show descriptions: http://www.foxflash.com/div.php/main/page?aID=1z2z2z381z5z8&ID=16667

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I have to admit that there is almost nothing on FOX that I watch either. Sleepy Hollow is the only returning show that our family watches.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Saw the trailer for Backstrom and it looks quirky good . Read the original novel the series is based on but while the story was great i didn't much enjoy the main character . This characterization looks like it could be great and hart hanson has a good touch .

·
Registered
761 Posts
Omg! Rake cancelled too?!?! WHY! I loved that show along with Almost human. :(

·
Super Moderator
17,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rake was a flop in the ratings.

The Rake Finale had a 18-49 Rating of 0.2, a repeat of Criminal Minds at the same time on CBS had a 0.6. A hit show like The Big Bang Theory gets numbers like 3.8.

I thought the show was promising and recorded it. I usually wait to watch new shows until I see how they do, so I never watched Rake. Sometimes I'll watch a show like Almost Human even it might get cancelled just because I like it.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I loved the original Australian rake (shown on Sundance channel). This version not so much even though i enjoy Kinnear .

·
Registered
761 Posts
Wow that's a terrible rating!

That's actually a smart move Dr. Dave. It saves yourself from being disappointed.

I'll have to pick up the Australian version and see if that's any good.

·
Premium Member
6,432 Posts
I had recorded all of the Headless horseman on FOX but never watched it thinking it was going to be cancelled. Instead, I recorded and watched Almost Human thinking that was a winner. I guess I have the knack of picking the losers. Just like I never watched 24 thinking it would be cancelled as well.... :eek:

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Sherds isn't Hart Hanson one of you Canucks? :)

We will try Gotham the trailer looks pretty good. We watch Sleepy Hollow too.

·
Registered
327 Posts
TUESDAY: 8:00-9:00 PM UTOPIA (new)
If that's the British show of last year, it is REALLY weird - can't see it being broadcast uncut.

·
Registered
842 Posts
If that's the British show of last year, it is REALLY weird - can't see it being broadcast uncut.
Excellent show but not to worry the Fox show is some sort of reality show i believe .
Season 2 of theBritish series should be out this year i believe .

·
Super Moderator
17,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Norman, the new show descriptions are in the full press release. UTOPIA is based on the Dutch reality show:
...Fifteen pioneering Americans leave their everyday lives and move to an isolated, undeveloped location – for an entire year – where they are challenged to create their own civilization from scratch...

·
Registered
842 Posts
I wonder if it's a condition of the new civilization that they must develop an analogue of fox news or would that be an oxymoron ?

·
Super Moderator
17,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
FOX, Cumulus and dick clark productions announced today the television debut of the AMERICAN COUNTRY COUNTDOWN AWARDS, bringing country music’s longest-running radio countdown show to a national television audience for the first time. The two-hour live concert event will broadcast from Nashville on Monday, Dec. 15 (8:00-10:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed) on FOX.
Full Press Release.

·
Registered
934 Posts
I have a confusion regarding Utopia and all TV sites out there do not have the answer. Is the showing on Friday a repeat from Tuesday or, since it is a reality show, does the show air twice a week?

1 - 20 of 90 Posts