Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a lot of DXing results on the TV side but not so much on the Radio side. In any case I was driving West of London (Mt Bridges) around 10am this morning and was just casually scanning the FM dial and I was getting CHUM FM - Toronto and 102.5 Star FM - Buffalo which usually fade just past Kitchener. Was also getting a couple Michigan stations WUOM - Ann Arbor and WDET from Detroit. 102.5 Star was rock solid even with 102.3 Bob FM just adjacent from London. These results were just with the car radio and no special antenna.

103.7 WRTS Erie was also booming in across the lake. A typical summer car station, I find, in the London area.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Driving into Waterloo this morning around 8am I was listening to 95.9 (CFPL London) Ooccasionally it would get a digital lock and would change to CJKX-HD (Oshawa). Only happened once in analog, when London was blocked by a hill.

Closer to home, I had Buffalo stations over powering local stations. 99.5 WDCX instead of CKKW Kitchener. 106.5 WYRK instead of CIXK Owen Sound.

I've got a few presets in the car radio that I normally used to check the conditions: 102.5 WTSS Buffalo, 103.7 WRTS Erie and 104.3 WOMC Detroit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts