Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope I've posted this in the right area. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

I've pulled a Yamaha RX-460 out of retirement. Does anyone know what type of antenna connector this is? PAL, RCA? I'm looking for an adapter to connect a screw on F connector from the cable that goes to my FM antenna in the attic.
FM.jpg
FM.jpg

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
Google "IEC PAL DVB-T Male plug to F Female adapter" and I think that will get ya there..
I dont know if there were slight variations in exact dimensions from old versions of that connector and modern ones, but I see em on ebay for 99 cents from china if your not in any hurry, so ya won't be out much if it's not an exact match.

·
Registered
9,511 Posts
Google "IEC PAL DVB-T Male plug to F Female adapter"
That looks like the right adapter but beware of price gouging. Some receivers include the right adapter. I found a cheap push on coax adapter from a local surplus store worked and cost less than $5, much less that the Amazon link that came up in the search. Chinese sourced adapters on eBay are a fraction of the price of North American sources. I found an identical product that was $1 on eBay and $15 on Amazon, both shipped from China.

·
Administrator
467 Posts
It used to be your could expect a Chinese part from eBay in 2-3 weeks. Now it's more like double that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone, I purchased from Amazon. 2 for $9 and free shipping on my wife’s prime account. I did find some for 99 cents, but $20 shipping. Let’s see what happens. :)

·
Registered
9,511 Posts
That sounds good. I wasn't long ago that things like that were $1-$2 on eBay with free shipping. It looks like eBay has changed.

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
The one I came across on ebay was shipping to the US for free and was only 99 cents. Still says that now.
Must be the canadian ebay ur lookin at? I get stuff from china many times through out any given year, and the only time it really slows down is ~ chinese new year +/- a couple weeks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So the adapter arrived today, looks like I ordered the wrong gender. The center pins both measure 2.2mm, but I think the hollow pin on the receiver causes the confusion.

Receiver.jpg

The PAL-female to F-female are 1 cent cheaper. Should have them next week.

:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
So the adapter arrived today, looks like I ordered the wrong gender. The center pins both measure 2.2mm, but I think the hollow pin on the receiver causes the confusion.

View attachment 11912 View attachment 11911

The PAL-female to F-female are 1 cent cheaper. Should have them next week.

:)
Hi there pal
Did you manage to get it working after all?
I'm really interested to know=)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I did ! Here is the adapter next to the connector. I really think the hollow pin on the receiver causes the confusion.

Everything fit snug

Can’t argue with the result

1 - 11 of 11 Posts