Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am noticing that I get flickering on say small black text and a white background. This is especially true of any black/white/black lines that are close together. It's kind of had to describe. Anyways if freeze the frame (my Sony tv can do that) the flickering stops so I know it's not the tv. Anyone else notice this? I wonder if it's just crappy compression?!?

·
Registered
68 Posts
not sure of flickering but in general i feel my hd picture looks not as crisp as of last night. Not sure why. The only change i made was adding a ps3 and another HDMI port used...but thats gotta be paranoia on my part. Still i dont think my HD picture is the same.

·
Super Moderator
56,507 Posts
Mark: Did you use another input on the TV that is calibrated differently, or not calibrated? It's possible if I didn't copy the settings over to the other input that you're seeing differences in the input calibration. Check the picture settings on both inputs.

compguy This is pretty normal, especially for SD signals. If you're seeing it on true HD, that's pretty rare and a proper optimization may help.

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=76161

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
Flickering with interlaced modes is quite common, especially with computer generated graphics. To get rid of it, use a progressive mode at the source (480p, 720p or 1080p), instead of interlaced (480i or 1080i.) This might not get rid of all flickering since some sources use scaling for interlaced content.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts