Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

121 - 135 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
I heard there may be new ones in the summer. Apparently CBS plans to take the season they are currently showing (which has around 6 episodes) and blend it right into the new season in July. I hope they wait to fall, but I kind of doubt it.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
CTV announced this morning that FlashPoint will be back with new episodes (simulcast with CBS) starting June 17th.
Last year they did this - and started broadcasting episodes filmed while there was snow on the ground! I hope they got their act together a bit better this time, and are making some effort to sync the show with the current season.....

·
Super Moderator
16,596 Posts
From a June 1 Bell Media press release.
The network has ordered 18 new hours (Season 5) of its hit drama FLASHPOINT. Canada’s most-watched drama series aired in prime Tuesday and Friday non-simulcast timeslots this past Fall and Winter, averaging more than 1.5 million viewers. The order will bring the total number of episodes for the drama to 80, making it one of the longest-running original scripted series currently on Canadian television. The fourth season of FLASHPOINT premieres this Summer on CTV and will have a prominent place on CTV’s fall schedule, to be announced tomorrow.

·
Registered
757 Posts
I don't keep up with this show, but I was surprised to learn about Hugh Dillon, the lead singer from the Headstones! I was never big into them but had no clue. Just an interesting tidbit i heard from a radio dj recently.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
The first episode of this season of Flashpoint was really good! Finally got around to watching it tonight.

Definitely one of my favorite cop shows these days.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Looks like they are taking a break (they aired 7 episodes, with the last being August 19th).

Anyone know when more episodes will air? Can't seem to find anything listed.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
The Flashpoint twitter feed said season 4 resumes September 19th with a special Monday night premiere along with Whitney and 2.5 Men

Edit: looks like dr dave beat me!

·
Super Moderator
16,596 Posts
'Flashpoint' Final Season Announced

The producers of Flashpoint announced on their Facebook page that the show will end after this season:
Today we announced to our cast and crew that this will be our final season of FLASHPOINT. While still at our creative apex, we’ve decided to conclude the series on a high note. This will allow us to give our fans the satisfaction of a fitting series conclusion with our 75th, and final, episode. Producing FLASHPOINT over the past five seasons has been an exceptional adventure, and we are extremely grateful to all of you for being with us every step of the way. We hope that by announcing this now, you’ll be able to enjoy the fifth season to the utmost, and properly say goodbye to Team 1 along with all of us.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Additional informationo from Wikipedia:

It was announced January 25, 2011 that Ion Television had acquired all rights to the show and to continue production in-house.

The fourth season of Flashpoint has concluded, and a fifth season has been ordered.

It was announced in May 2012 that the fifth season would be the last of the series.
The tvdoneright.com website, as linked from the Wikipedia page quoted above, states that Season 5 will debut in October, 2012.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Well we're sorry to hear this but it had five good years. rfielder tnx for the info about when season 5 will be on.

121 - 135 of 135 Posts