Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

41 - 60 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Just watched episode 19 (season 2, episode 9 in Canada, season 2, episode 5 in international markets) called "The Perfect Family"

I see the character develpment happening. Very nicely, too.

I see them tacking issues that many may find disturbing.

Overall, in spite of them following the same formula for the show's sequence, it was a very good episode IMHO.

It looks like the last episode for season 2, titled "Perfect Storm", is also dealing with a major issue in our society these days - guns in schools (details from Wikipedia).

I still think they could vary the structure of the show a bit more, but as long as they don't try to turn it into a soapbox for attacking society's ills, this series is dynamite!

Of course, no word on a season 3, but we are hoping.....

·
Banned
553 Posts
I didn't see anyone commenting on the overly strong green tint (hue if you perfer) to this series. It's kinda hard to miss.

Is this a replacement to Intelligence??

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I didn't see anyone commenting on the overly strong green tint (hue if you perfer) to this series. It's kinda hard to miss.
OK, I admit it - I am baffled.

You can't mean "green" as in environmentally correct - those big SUVs are far, far from that! :)

The actual image does not have a tint or hue on my home TV set.

The cityscapes are awesome - we even paused the image of Toronto from the air in the Perfect Family episode, has a closer look at it and figured out where it was taken from and what all the landmarks are. This looks like a show from a helicopter showing the Gardiner in the foreground, with the CN Tower as the predominate feature. The show zoomed in to the chase scene along the Gardiner.

What are you referring to?

·
Banned
553 Posts
You can't mean "green" as in environmentally correct
No, green tint as in a green tint to the video.
It is that way on my Mits DLP. I have seen this (with some other programs 2+ years ago) on a Samsung DLP I use to have .
Actually, comparing the same TV series on CBS or ABC and then CTV/CFTO, CFTO usually leans towards green, but no where near this bad as this program is. BTW, I watch this on WIVB, not CFTO. It's almost as bad as Miami Vice's orange. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Yeah, they use some stupid filters or post production colourization for all of the outdoor shots. Frankly I hate it and it really turns me off.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
They're in The Matrix...

;)

I noticed that too... like a bias to green for some odd reason...

·
Registered
550 Posts
Watched this show last night on CBS-HD (Rogers, London). It's the best-looking show I've seen in HD. CBS tends to be the best, but this show was the best of the best - crisp, clear, warm, with film quality. Better than most Blu-Rays. Could it be the wonderful light in Toronto? Cool to see a show actually set in T.O. I enjoyed it. It's a good filler, but I don't think it's an every-weeker.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Could it be the wonderful light in Toronto? Cool to see a show actually set in T.O.
Brampton, actually, for a lot of the episode. St. Patrick's Memorial Hospital was actually the closed Peel Memorial Hospital, where I worked from Mar 1989 until it closed in October 2007.

I enjoyed it. It's a good filler, but I don't think it's an every-weeker.
It is an every-weeker, but as discussed earlier, it has used the same format every week since it started, to the point of becoming boring.

Too bad, they have great material and good actors. If they could break the format, and allow some more character development, this would be one of the top shows around IMHO.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
An above average program that apparently did not make the CBS fall program cut and has been placed in the mid-season replacement group and we all know what that may mean.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I thought the second season just ended, didn't CBS sign on for a third or was that only CTV? I still think, especially on Friday nights, it's good enough to be on CBS. I'd rather watch this than CSI NY! I guess a third season hasn't been announced yet but they didn't coin the last aired episode the series finale so I would assume it's coming back. Would definetly like to see it on CBS again though.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
It appears to be coming back at midseason. Tuesday at 10, Sunday at 9 or Saturday night are the most likely timeslots. There has been rumours that Medium will have a full season order, which would take up Friday at 9 for most of the season.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I just checked the CBS schedule for the next few weeks they are showing re-runs at the same time on Friday's. Not sure about CTV.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Watched this show last night on CBS-HD (Rogers, London). It's the best-looking show I've seen in HD. CBS tends to be the best, but this show was the best of the best - crisp, clear, warm, with film quality. Better than most Blu-Rays. Could it be the wonderful light in Toronto? Cool to see a show actually set in T.O. I enjoyed it. It's a good filler, but I don't think it's an every-weeker.
I read somewhere that the show is shot on film as opposed to digital video or what not because the producers wanted it to have that real life quality. Although I think a lot of shows are shot on film so I'm not sure...

·
Super Moderator
16,582 Posts
In case there's any confusion, this is the continuation of season 2 which ends mid-September. CBS has ordered season 3.

41 - 60 of 135 Posts