Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I turned this game on last night for a few minutes and was just wondering if anyone else had the 5.1 sound completely messed up. I had the announcers coming out of the rear speakers instead of the centre channel. First time that's ever happened. Let's just say the game didn't stay on long because of that. Calagary's announcer is horrible to begin with, last thing I need is him right in my ear.

·
Registered
938 Posts
I don't have 5.1 here, but I was watching the game on Centre Ice HD, and just the stereo audio was dreadful, sounded very faint to me. Commentators sounded like they had their volume lower than the arena sounds. Sounded really weird.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Although Transmission Tests are done line by line for audio, Sportsnet essentially encodes their multi channel in the plant. Then they output the multichannel encoded signal. Obviously something got swapped. Since the stereo feed is derived from the foldown of the encoded multichannel signal, the fact that usual practice is to attenuate the surround signal path as to not overdrive the centre on the foldown, explains why your stereo signal was substandard

1 - 4 of 4 Posts