Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Montreal is set to get a new Apple store this week when the company opens its doors at 1321 Rue Ste-Catherine Ouest. The grand opening begins at 5:00pm and will continue to 10:00 pm.

The store is Apple’s seventh in Canada, joining one in Vancouver, one in Edmonton, three in Toronto and one in Laval Quebec.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Here's a couple of candid shot of the store's exterior.

Most of the yelling and cheering in front of the store appeared to come from the store's employees. Everyone else surrounding the store were all well behaved and quiet.

About a quarter of the crowd in this shot were simply pedestrians trying to work their way around the barriers.

Now here's an interesting shot. It shows the length of the line-up to get inside the store. It never went beyond the end of the block, and even shrank down to half that length at one time. And the store was open for only twenty-five minutes. So apparently the store was never swamped at any time by a rush of Apple fanboys, which says a lot about this city.

If I pass by the store this weekend (where else in Montreal can I see the full line-up of Macs), I'll take some more pictures.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts