Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Kool i just installed OS X Leopard! dual boot!

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Supposedly this is also the update that prepares the PS3 for 3D compatibility...

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
From the Playstation Blog

Hi everyone, in our continued effort to provide the best, most comprehensive entertainment experience possible, we’ll be adding a few new features to PlayStation 3 (PS3) via the latest system software update, which is a mandatory update and will be available shortly.

Most notably, you’ll see some new sorting options within Trophies that make it easier to claim bragging rights among your friends on PlayStation Network.

• Trophy enhancements –- Now you can more easily sort trophies in the [Trophy Collection] and [Comparing Trophy] sections. Sorting can be done with [Trophy Collection] in the [Game Category] and also when comparing trophies with your friends in the [Friend Category]
  • Trophy Folder (Title List) can be sorted by game name/ by title according to the date in which you earned your last trophy (ascending/descending)
  • Add-on list (Group list) can be sorted by original/the date in which you earned your last trophy (ascending/descending)
  • Trophy list can be sorted by original/trophy name/grade/date of obtaining the trophy (ascending/descending)

In addition, this update preps the PS3 system for some upcoming new features, including 3D stereoscopic gaming, which is coming soon to PS3, in time for the launch of Sony’s 3D BRAVIA TVs.
And to Gord who said

HHHH, it bricked my PS3s, called me names and then burnt my house down!
All I can say is you're lucky. I had all that and my wife, kids and dog are still missing after the update.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I thought this was the firmware the allowed the PS3 to connect to SkyNet and make it become self aware.:p When it first prompted me to update but yes the whole bricking thing came came to mind when i saw the prompt. :)

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
What does Sony do in the event of a brick after firmware? With so many units out of warranty how do they deal with this? Its a update that they force on us right? So its not like we but the system at risk on our own.

any incite on this guys?

Off topic but sort of on topic i think?

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
TKG26, this has been discussed pretty thoroughly in previous posts so I would refer you to them and lets keep this one focused on the present firmware update. If it bricks your unit, feel free to post on this thread.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts