Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Philips 19 inch HD LCD TV model 19PFL3505D/F7. I am using it with a PACE HD box from Rogers. It is connected via HDMI. Until yesterday things were OK with one minor issue. Whenever the TV was turned on there would be no audio until the HD box channel was changed. Once that was done it was fine. Today I decided to upgrade the TV firmware. Philips offers this from their website. The upgrade appeared to go fine and now the TV shows the newer version of firmware but now HDMI no longer works at all. I connected by S-Video to see if the TV was working at all and see a message from the PACE stating that the TV is not HDCP compliant and that I must use component cables. So far I have found no way to rollback the firmware to the previous version. Philips have been useless so far with nothing but form letters in response to my emails. I tried a live chat session but that too is not available at this time. Their live help line is not available until noon so I'll try that but I'm not optimistic. Any thoughts or suggestions besides the usual "use component cables"? Thanks.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Got through to Philips help desk. They took all my info then transferred me to another help desk. They did have the info from the first tech but told me, no, they could not provide the old firmware. They then asked if I had tried another HDMI source. I had not, so after I do that I will call back with the probable news that it works on the other source. They will then wash their hands of the matter blaming the Rogers PACE box. Of course all I want to do is restore the functionality I had. Stay tuned, (if you are interested).

·
Super Moderator
56,505 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pace is not purchased, rented. I could ask for a swap for a cisco but they didn't have one last time I asked. Tried your other suggestions, no help. Yes, I followed the readme instructions. As I said upgrade worked fine but now I wish I hadn't upgraded and wish I could go back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts