Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems a bit crazy to ask this question with the addition of The Frame and understandable concern over waste of bandwith.......but........

Does anyone know the expected start date of the annual Holiday Log. And will it be offered in HD? Seems that this would be a better use of bandwith than The Frame.

Thoughts?

EDIT BY HUGH
Airing from December 1 through January 15, Shaw Cable customers can find the Fire Log in High Definition on channel 230 or channel 1 for analog cable customers. The Christmas Tree can be found on select channels and customers should check their electronic program guide.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
The Fireplace & the Holiday Tree will be available from Dec 1 to Jan 15 on *C, so I'll asusme that the same will apply to Shaw. The Fireplace will be in HD on *C only on Dec 25.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I'm not sure how you see the Fireplace channel as any more useful than the Frame. I'm no advocate of the Frame but at least it has some Variety.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Last year the Firelog was available on SOD in HD and SD versions so we would expect the same this year as well.

·
Registered
630 Posts
My wife loves the Christmas log. When it shows up she has it running all day long.

·
Premium Member
3,309 Posts
My guess is it will show up on channel 319 when the channel is not being used for events, and they may re-map it to channel 1 as they have done in the past, and on analogue it will be on either 107, 111, 116, or 120 (thats my guess)

·
Registered
681 Posts
Awesome I can't wait to see the fire log again. I also look forward to Thanksgiving so I can see the Thanksgiving turkey channel. Oh and if they get it in HD that would be even better. :p

Oh I can't wait. Hopefully the guy that moves the logs around won't get any ambers on himself.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Added this to post #1.

Airing from December 1 through January 15, Shaw Cable customers can find the Fire Log in High Definition on channel 230 or channel 1 for analog cable customers. The Christmas Tree can be found on select channels and customers should check their electronic program guide.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I love the the fire log! I have a 101" screen for HT,and when I show "the log", it feels like I'm in a real life BACKDRAFT...infact one year my dear Aunt Bethany visited for Xmas eve,and asked "is your house on fire,Clark?"...wait...oh jeez..I watch too much telly......

·
Premium Member
3,309 Posts
For Winnipeg it is as follows:

Analog
- Shaw Fireplace on channel 111
- Shaw Christmas Tree on channel 112

Standard Definition Digital
- Shaw Fireplace on channel 1
- Shaw Christmas Tree on channel 54

High Definition TV
- Shaw Fireplace on channel 230
*No Christmas Tree in HD yet...I believe they said only on Christmas Day*

Video On Demand
- Holiday Fireplace in Standard Definition (found under; Included then Festive Fun ....OR...TV then Festive Fun) - Its 1.5hrs in length
- HD Holiday Fireplace (found under; HD then Festive Fun) - Its 1hr in length
*I did not see the Christmas tree on VOD at this time*

The Firelog in SD and HD on the TV channels are different fires I believe....so there are two versions this year.

I am on the all digital map...which means I have no TV listings channel on 54....but for anyone else in Winnipeg who did have the TV listings channel in their guide....did the Christmas Tree channel overlap it or is it on another channel? Let me know. Thanks

Thanks
Shawguy

·
Super Moderator
17,512 Posts
I can confirm that channel 54 is the Christmas tree on the STB. The guide for 54 says "Happy Holidays".

1 - 20 of 47 Posts