Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With its corporate tongue planted firmly in its cheek, Shaw Communications announced this week that its fire log and Christmas tree channels will be returning to Star Choice and Shaw Cable customers this holiday season.

The fire log video, which is a recording of a fire in a fireplace, first created a buzz when it originally aired in Edmonton over the Christmas season in 1986. Since that time, the company has introduced the log to other Canadian cities. After it was removed in Victoria in 1999 for regular programming, Shaw received hundreds of calls from angry viewers.

For Star Choice customers the Christmas Tree can be found on channel 330, the Fire Log on 329 and in HD on December 25 on channel 217.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Wasted Space

I think it's a waste of any space to have video of a burning log or a Xmas
tree. Also on the subject of wasted space how about the frame,does anyone sit in front of their Tv and watch this?

·
Registered
301 Posts
no use to me... cant fit the tv in the fire place!

fire its just one day on HD so no biggie There are alot of other HD Channels that are a big waste of bandwith like "A&E Upscale"

Regarding the Frame, Me as a photographer and wife as an painter sometimes we put the frame on while while listening to music but I still think its a big waste of Bandwidth.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.