Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First announced at Photokina in Germany last September, the FinePix X100 is a large-sensor compact camera aimed at professional and enthusiast photographers.

The design is quite beautiful and provides the user with the look and feel of a traditional film camera. To complement the retro look of the X100's body, Fuji delivers it in a custom leather case and matching strap. Nice touch.

Featuring a 12.3 megapxel APS-C CMOS sensor, Fuji EXR processor and 23mm F2 Fujinon lens, the retro looking camera features traditional analogue controls for shutter speed, aperture and exposure compensation.

My host told me the new FinePix X100 is the first camera featuring Fujifilm’s Hybrid Viewfinder technology which allows the user to switch between optical and electronic viewfinders.

The FinePix X100 will be available in March for $1,200.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I loved the retro look of this camera with the classic leather case. Felt great and certainly would be a great camera to have. Of course its out of my price range!

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Wow, does that ever remind me of a Konica rangefinder (C3 or was it Auto S2?) I had eons ago!

:)

Cameron

·
Registered
52 Posts
Price

I can't afford a Leica, so I guess this might do the trick. Actually the price is still a little out of reach, but I so long for those manual controls, along with a sealed lense/body that will easily ride on your hip belt.
Cheers...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts