Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have some questions before I make the call to upgrade from analog.
Will the VIP package cover the cost of an additional outlet that will only use an analog signal and won't need a box? At least until I update the old CRT.
Or, would I receive any kind of channels on the CRT without a box if I split the digital line?
Just trying to find my best course for one new HDTV and one old CRT without having to pay for two packages. The old CRT only has Coax IN as sole connection.

Thanks for any info,

·
Registered
751 Posts
The same signal will be distributed to all outlets. Digital and analogue will be available on all outlets provided by the VIP service whether included in the cost or not (at least until sometime in the future when Rogers discontinues all analogue service).

·
Registered
8,298 Posts
Will the VIP package cover the cost of an additional outlet that will only use an analog signal and won't need a box?
Yes. There's no difference between outlets. They're all connect via a splitter somewhere. I have 3 HD STBs and a VCR connected. The VCR uses an analog signal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Analog Channels in Digital Package

Terribly sorry for what I'm sure is a repeat question, please direct me to the correct thread if appropriate.

I am looking at upgrading to Digital, but all my extra TVs are analog. What is the analog package connected to the various Digital Services?

The differentiators seem to be Discovery, Food and Space. What is the minimum digital package I have to get, to get ANALOG versions of those channels

(PS, I tried to search but got thousands of hits on "analog" and many are way old)

·
Registered
751 Posts
Until Rogers stops providing analogue completely, you should continue to receive the analogue versions of any channels that you subscribe to digitally (if available in analogue).

·
Registered
3 Posts
thanks,
that's a bit of a kicker though.

To get SPACE in digital you have to go all the way to VIP.

All I want is the analog version, do you think I need to get the VIP package to get that?

·
Registered
751 Posts
Sorry, I'm not sure since I subscribe to VIP. Getting this kind of information from Rogers can sometimes be difficult. Hopefully someone else here can help you.

·
Super Moderator
56,506 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the info. I am concerned about asking a Rogers Service person as I doubt they will know, but might make something up.

If I can ask someone with the digital basic or digital plus, to please check an analogue TV for SPACE station.

Thanks in advance,

PS I live in Mississauga in case that matters.

·
Registered
266 Posts
daryn: I believe what you want to do is simply ask Rogers to add the Digital Access Fee to your account. For this you will pay a monthly $2.99 + tax fee and you will have the Space Channel in both analogue and digital (At least until analogue is discontinued).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts