Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The sound on the fight channel is awful. The background sound is so bad that it is difficult to understand the commentators sometimes. The background sound seems to raise and lower constantly. Have tried all the sound options with little improvement. Is this universal or is it just happening to us.
Any comments appreciated
Lester

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just the fight channel. It occurs on our 630, 530 and 505 receivers. We do not watch live TV so all the shows we watch are recorded but this problem only occurs on channel 404. I am considering canceling this channel as it is a paid for channel. Sure like to hear if anyone else has this same problem
Lester.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I used to have this channel Lester, but the PQ, sound and production was so poor I cancelled it.
I would say cancel it and get HDNET (if you don't already have it). They show quite a few good fights (and concerts).

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your input Fatkev. I had sent an email to "Ask Jim" and a rep phoned me this morning to discuss the problem. He is going to record the next boxing (Saturday 3pm Pac. time) and listen himself to the sound. Seems like it is just a matter of poor microphone equipment at the events.
Lester

1 - 6 of 6 Posts