Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just playing around to see if I could finally pickup DVB-S2 signals using a receiver and not a USB Box and found the link for Germany and Spain in 3D. It is side by side and using the cross eyed method, I can see "it" in 3D.

It is on 3720H 21000 2/3 . Pretty happy to see S2 on my setup.

Now if only I could find a better way to edit the channels on it....:eek:

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Excellent info.

I am hoping to get something pointed tomorrow for this bird. I don't know what my Receiver is capable of as I am no FTA expert but I will sure give it a try.....

Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Just playing around to see if I could finally pickup DVB-S2 signals using a receiver and not a USB Box and found the link for Germany and Spain in 3D. It is side by side and using the cross eyed method, I can see "it" in 3D.

It is on 3720H 21000 2/3 . Pretty happy to see S2 on my setup.

Now if only I could find a better way to edit the channels on it....:eek:
Awaiting your review of your new box Danster i.e first impressions etc

·
Premium Member
6,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well for starters, it doesn't do blind scan. I have to input manually all transponders although it does come with a few installed with firmware 2025A.

I haven't connected a USB drive to get the PVR working as of yet. When installing new sats, it is quite a challenge. I managed to get G19 (where I had parked it with my PANSAT) and Intelsat 9 (through my 6 footer on Disecq #4). I haven't been able to move my dish from Sat to Sat as of yet.

I don't have a manual for Coolsat 8100 HD and the ones I find online, start from chapter 4 and on.

Editing transponders one by one is a pain. Since Coolsat doesn't exist anymore, there will never be a channel editor or so I'm told. There used to be a way using an ndf file but it isn't available on the 8100 since it stopped at the 5000 model.

I "cleaned" the firmware before I installed the latest factory and inside, there are still traces of pirateware. I guess Coolsat's intention were always to steal signal. In a certain page, there is BEV and ECHOSTAR package but they are unaccessible (I think until you get hackware installed) with normal usage.

All in all, it's an ok box but as far as user friendly, PANSAT is hard to beat. In under a month, I tried NFusion and Coolsat. They are not true FTA boxes. No wonder you can get them for cheap on EBay and places like it. :eek:

·
Registered
659 Posts
Hopefully my azbox ultra is not as complicated when I get it all setup. Paid $224 for it .

Just need to find an installer that can do motorized dishes here in Ottawa. I can't believe the lack of installers here in a city of this size

·
Premium Member
6,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FTA is not for the ordinary folks so I can understand why there is a lack of installers. Especially a motorized system, many have never heard of an actuator that moves a pizza dish. However, in Europe , almost every house has a FTA system according to a certain poll I read about. Just go to Satcodx website and look at the channels available on their satellite grid. It has everything and most of them unscrambled. Not around here... :(

·
Registered
659 Posts
I know what you mean about Europe, it's the norm there and installer are 10 a penny. Hopefully one of our Ottawa members, will be able to point me to someone they know when they read this.

The folks mentioned on here so far, don't seem to be in business anymore

1 - 7 of 7 Posts