Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
300 Posts
There's no way the Samsung F266 should be classified as a smartphone. I mean, what feature would make it a smartphone? And if I were you, I would escalate this issue up the ladder with Fido.

However, I'm just curious what kind of deal have they offered you on a new phone? Any reason why you wouldn't upgrade to the Sony Ericsson T715A?
Compared to the F266, the SE has a better camera, quad-band GSM and tri-band 3G, bigger and higher resolution screen.

· Registered
300 Posts
tvlurker: The T715A has a 3 mp camera vs. 2 mp on the Naite. The T715A is also a slider which may or may not be a good thing. I think a simple bar phone like the Naite tends to be more durable.

If you can hold off for a bit, I hear Fido will be getting the SE Vivaz Pro soon. That phones runs the Symbian S60 smartphone os, has a physical qwerty keyboard, 5mp camera, 720p (HD) video, and best of all, is eligible for the UMB plan!

· Registered
300 Posts
The Vivaz is one of the exceptions to the smartphone rule. Even though it is technically running a smartphone OS, Rogers and Fido are treating it like a feature phone for data purposes. Meaning it is eligble for UMB. According to info, both Rogers and Fido will be releasing the Vivaz Pro within Q4 (ie. beofre the end of the year). The other exception recently for UMB has been the Nokia 5800, which also runs on Symbian S60, and for which Rogers also made UMB available. I have the 5800, and it's great to get unlimited data for $10. Well, for me it's even sweeter because I have UMB as part of the Value Pack.:cool:

· Registered
300 Posts
Thanks. Perhaps it isn't anything I've done, but I'm still not sure how I can get Fido to fix an out of warranty phone.

This Vivax sounds interesting -- maybe I'll just wait for it to grab my credit, so it ill only cost me 30 bucks or so in Fido dollars, which will leave me enough Fido dollars to get another phone for my wife down the road.
The Vivaz Pro is now available as per Fido's website.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.