Caller ID
Voice Mail
WhoCalled
6GB Data

75$ + tax.

·
Registered
8,422 Posts
I got similar from Rogers for $60 ($51 after 15% bundle discount), but no unlimited incoming or unlimited long distance. I don't use voice mail on my cell phone, as I call forward to my home number. I also have caller ID for 1/2 the usual price. I'm not sure if I have Rogers to Rogers, as I've never worried about that. I also have the "MY10" list, whic is up to 10 numbers that I can have unlimited anytime calling to anywhere in Canada. What is WhoCalled?

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
What is WhoCalled?
A useless feature that many Fido customers request to have disabled on their accounts. When your phone is turned off and someone calls, it will tell you who called once you turn it back on. If the caller leaves a voicemail, you'll get a text message telling you who called, as well as a voicemail notification. Then you have to check your voicemail...

·
Registered
832 Posts
FilmMaker, if you consider that unlimited canadian long distances is worth 10 bucks a month then go fo it. I've got the exact same plan you do (on LTE) for 65$ minus the long-distance thingy and I use MagicJack for long distance (and local calling for that matter).

You guys want to know that at LTE speeds, MagicJack works wonders for your daytime/long distance minutes.

MJ is MUCH clearer than a standard GSM phone call. Try it and report your impressions!!!

·
Registered
832 Posts
I would estimate at no more than 10 MB for 15 minute calls. I use MJ extensively and I don't see the monthly BW allowance meter move by much.

·
Registered
8,422 Posts
MJ is MUCH clearer than a standard GSM phone call.
I recently did a test where I phoned my home number and left a voice message. I called with both Dell Voice and the regular UMTS cell call. The Dell Voice was definitely better quality. Also, some soft phone apps let you select G.711 codec, which, at 64+ Kb/s, is much better quality than the GSM/UMTS codec at 13 Kb/s.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Indeed, I tested Skype out (awful sound and delay), Dell Voice (practically no delay but very low volume) and MJ (some delay with great audio).

·
Registered
8,422 Posts
^^^^
There is a recent update to Dell Voice that's supposed to improve sound quality. Have you tried it?

·
Registered
577 Posts
The FIDO plan out now in the newspaper for $40 (only 250MB data though) sure seems like a great deal. Unlimited nationwide, talk and text, voicemail, caller id, plus 150 min---seems like a great value. I'm with Rogers and cannot fathom how they can charge so much for long distance $0.45/minute while others are offering free nationwide long distance. That is the only part of my current plan which I loathe. Having to pay long distance charges to access my voicemail when out of my local calling area is just plain robbery.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
The $40 all-in-one plan sure is an awesome deal - as long as your phone is eligible. Unfortunately, the iPhone is not eligible for that plan.

·
Registered
8,422 Posts
Be careful about that 250 MB. It doesn't take long to go through that amount and you may not be able to tether.

·
Registered
832 Posts
250 MB is a real joke. Months after months after having introduced this cap, people are going to bust their limits and forget about tethering.

JamesK you say Dell zvoice has improvements? Hell since I got the iphone 5, I find myself having to manually reinstall pages after pages of apps because I forgot to transfer purchases in the damned itunes before backuping and wiping the former 4s. I just cannot find Dell zvoice in the app store anymore.

·
Registered
8,422 Posts
^^^^
There's a QR code on the Dell Voice web site. What happens if you use it?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts