Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am quite unimpressed with Fido right now
i bought a new lg gossip on Saturday
and i tried to activate it online for prepaid service
and then it fails then i keep trying it does not work
OK i guess i will call Fido oh wait Fido is closed right now
OK i will try on Sunday after waiting on hold for 60 minutes they tell me they cannot activate phones right now try on Monday:confused:
then i called on Monday just to find out that the online activation screwed up my Sim card and they cannot activate it
now i have to buy a new Sim card
i live in acme Alberta and cannot get into the city until saturday
what a freaking joke
whats next?
PS
can i use an old Fido Sim card on a new activation with this phone?

·
Registered
4,878 Posts
as long as the SIM card has never been activated yes you can use it.
do you live close to a big box store like future shop or best buy or wireless wave, tbooth, wireless etc? you can bring it to one of those places and activate it there too if you are too far away from a fido.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no it has already been activated but thanks.
i live about an hour from a big box store or a fido store
what they are trying to tell me is that i activated it online then canceled it
but i didn't even get it activated because it failed
now i have to buy a new sim card

·
Registered
216 Posts
I would think you're still in your 14 day window to return the phone with no cost. Or did Fido discontinue that with all their other programs?

I definitely wouldn't pay for a sim card if they screwed up.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I know that in some cases with the Rogers online activations it can happen where the account is activated, then immediately canceled due to a system error. In that case, customer service should be able to resume the account since it was fully activated, then canceled. You should call back and see if they can resume the account, which would let you use the SIM you registered and the number linked to the account when it was activated.

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
Making the customer buy a new SIM card in a case like this is ridiculous. Fido should be replacing the phone ASAP and at their cost.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Most CSR's will just simply credit your bill the cost of the sim card if the store charges you, which some won't anyway.

/Former Fido CSR

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So i picked up another sim card and tried to activate it online because i wanted my 30dollar credit and it failed so i called them again and they were able to resume it this time i made him give me my credit for the sim card and my 30dollar credit plus the sim card credit was a dollar more than i payed for the sim card so all in all it worked out pretty good :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts