Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
i think some speed test sites cant handle the upload - its pretty rare for a ISP to have upload speeds like this - i think verizon has some speeds like this but not as a standard

·
Banned
117 Posts
speedtest.net should be able to handle what ever speeds you throw at it just select new york or toronto both should be able to handle 100 up and down

·
Registered
15 Posts
Maybe it depends on the time of day that we run the tests. I tried the Bell site and got 30/30, but got 30/5 on speedtest.net.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Looks like this is an example of the advertising that NBTel was famous for back in the Vibe days. The advertised speeds were only guaranteed within the Vibe network. Once you went outside the network, they could not be held accountable for slow speeds. Then again, it's only fair because Bell Aliant can't control what speeds you'll get once you leave their lines.

·
Registered
463 Posts
As far as the "best" server to use on Speedtest.net, we were told by the tech to use the "Fibrenoir" server in Montreal because it too was running on fibre and would be able to handle the speeds properly.

Speedtest.net seems to pick servers "at random" sometimes...

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Use the speedtest.net Toronto server. I have Internet MAX and that is by far the best server as far as ping and speed are concerned.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hopefully it launches with 30up as standard here in Newfoundland when it arrives. That would be outstanding for my brother who uploads a lot of 3D renders/videos/animations..

21 - 29 of 29 Posts