Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered the FibreOP bundle and have a question regarding placement of the STB's.

I have 6 TV's and can only have 5 STB's. One of the "TV's" is my front projector, which I rarely use for TV anyway, except for Superbowl.

Can I take an STB from one location in the house and move it to the theatre room? Can I change the coax inputs in the router to change the location for TV in the house?

Finally, speaking of the Superbowl, does anyone know if Aliant has to simsub the Superbowl the same was Expressvu does? I remember something last year that Shaw and Rogers could offer it on the American feed, but Bell couldn't because of technology limitations.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
You can move them around the house, yeah. As long as it can reach the router over the network, it should be good.

If you're just switching from one coax to another coax that shouldn't matter either.

·
Super Moderator
16,890 Posts
I'm not sure of the source of the Aliant signal and whether the Super Bowl will be simsubbed, however there will no longer be a choice for most people after this year. Once the locals convert to HD, the BDU will be required to simsub the Super Bowl.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I thought I ordered a second PVR enabled STB, but was not home when the tech installed and now see I only recevied a 1200 instead of a 1216. Is there some issue with having two PVR units? I understand it is supposed to be different once we have Mediaroom but I am getting some serious push back from my wife that we don't have PVR on our second TV right now.

·
Banned
41 Posts
no , with fiberOP there is not reason to be restricted to only one pvr as their is more than enough bandwidth. i would just call them and see whats up prolly just an error in order entry.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Despite various attempts (both online and call in) I have been told that I will not receive a second PVR. Appreantly once MR arrives we will not need a second PVR so they are not sending a second one even if you order it. Seems strange to me since they can't tell me when MR is coming and I would be paying the extra charge (which I don't mind at this stage - is better than the grief I am getting from my wife since her Thursday night shows can't all be recorded properly and she wants to sometimes watch on the second TV). I am thinking about calling in for a replacement of my current PVR (Honest, its really not working at all ...) and then trying to negotiate with the tech to only take back the regular STB. My wife has pretty much laid it on the line that if things don't improve by August we are going back to BEV for TV. I did get my name on the list for MR when it eventually rolls out but was told that I cannot yet pay to have a tech come out and do the upgrade.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts