Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Except that existing customers have to wait until the end of June to get the Mediaroom upgrade to the PVR. Unless you want to pay extra.

That wait seems a little long to me.

Mike.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just got off a live chat with aliant, Roll out for existing customers is in june, or you can pay $150 for it now. that just seems so wrong to charge existing customers like that

·
Registered
453 Posts
that's odd the press release said it would immediately be available for all customers at no additional cost to the areas they said it is only available in right now

taken from press release from the link provided:

FibreOP 2.0 is available immediately to residents in the existing FibreOP markets of Saint John, Fredericton, Moncton, and Sydney. Bathurst, Charlottetown and Halifax will launch with all FibreOP services, including FibreOP 2.0, with rollouts continuing in these areas. Customers in Truro, Summerside, and St. John’s will have access to FibreOP 2.0 soon as the fibre-to-the-home builds are underway in these cities.

All existing FibreOP customers have been upgraded to the new FibreOP 2.0 Internet product starting today with no additional fees or need for an equipment upgrade. Bell Aliant will also upgrade all existing Bell Aliant TV customers and FibreOP TV customers to the new TV product over the coming months, again at no extra cost to the customer, no change to existing equipment and no home visit.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FibreOP TV customers to the new TV product over the coming months, again at no extra cost to the customer, no change to existing equipment and no home visit.
the $150 is only if you want the mediaroom update before they start rolling it out for free(June)

·
Registered
90 Posts
It's too bad that from what we know despite them calling this move FibreOP "2.0" the planned version of mediaroom is not in fact the version 2.0 that Telus has just released with Optik, or since the rollout is now a little later than was first planned have they indeed moved to mediaroom 2.0 as well..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Is MR going to run on an xbox 360? I have read that in some places it does. I am going to need a third STB soon and have an xbox but it might make more sense to order a new STB and have the tech do the install to get the MR upgrade even if my xbox would work.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I believe it all depends on what version is being rolled out. I don't think anything under 2 will let the Xbox360 run as an STB. Telus Optik is using mediaroom 2.0 and X360 is supported. If anyone has shelled out the $ or a new install can confirm the version that would help.

·
Super Moderator
16,867 Posts
Aliant is on Mediaroom 1.6.25314.102; Telus was on an older version (1.6.25075) when it introduced Mediaroom on the Xbox 360. There is no technical reason why Aliant couldn't do so.

Technically, MTS and Bell could also use the Xbox. I believe the Xbox software has to be licensed separately by the telco.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Channels Disapearing

Yesterday I was watching TSN when Bell did the daily system 'check-up'. When it finally came back to viewing I found that I had only 2 channels in my Primary list and both were now pay-per-view! After I had repeated the process and switched everything off and on again and reset the 6131 STB, I finally had to give up and call BellVu. This must be a fairly common problem since they have an automated 'fix' that I eventually got. After I had given them my phone number, they were going to 'sync' me within 15mins to 2 hrs. (I thought they had already 'sunk' me) Sure enough after about 90mins, I got back all my channels. However, during the rest of the evening, at intervals the picture would disappear and I got a message that this channel was a 'Pay-per-View' and that I should move up or down a channel. By going up and the back down, I was able to get the picture back after a 15 second delay - until the next time it happened. Did not make for good viewing.
I haven't yet checked this morning how things stand. However I have disabled the daily check-up
harryw

·
Registered
13 Posts
2 Questions about the new 2.0 software

I have 2 questions about my upgrade last week to 2.0

The installer told me that I could now tape up to 4 HD programs at the same. I can only tape 2 HD programs on my setup. (is it 2 HD and 2 SD?)

Second question. I was told that I could press pause on my other 2 tv's (rewind and fast forward) They do not on LIVE SHOWS.
It does work on tapped shows (i can pause and so on on them)

thanks in advance

·
Registered
98 Posts
Sounds like your Installer was mis-informed.

The book even says 2 SD and 2 HD. I think you get a "Recording Conflict" error when you try to record a third simultaneous HD recording.

Mediaroom version 2.0 allows for Pause/FF Live TV on a non-PVR, but Fiber OP 2.0 uses Mediaroom version 1.x, which does not allow it. You can Pause/FF a Recording played on the non-PVR STB.

If I'm wrong please correct me. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Did not get the book so that explains it.

I have Mediaroom 2.0 installed? So that means the software uses another software?
(This is the upgrade to 2.0 that I got) 150$

1 - 20 of 67 Posts