Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello, i see some interest & confusion about fiber in the home. I have done a few installs (still perfecting) thought i'd drop a couple pictures for any who are interested. They can be found in my album onsite here.

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/album.php?albumid=759

All comments welcome,... i realize now as i look back on them,... not great installs, fiber enters enclosure trays under the o.n.t.'s on the wrong side, bad set up causing high & low voltage runs to cross & there are some other problems noticeably,... but all things considered... time, space & other problems made me do it. Not perfect, but am improving. Paece.

·
Super Moderator
16,391 Posts
Thanks for the pics. It helps people visualize what the installation will look like. Labeling on the pics is a great idea and very clear. Anyone having trouble reading the labels can zoom in with their browser after they click on the thumbnail.

I noticed that MTS is using fibre for voice as well. Some other telcos are keeping the old POTS wiring for voice and just using the fibre for TV and internet.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes Sir, True.
Cause is, not wanting to maintain more than 1 service to a property,.. as in.. expending resources repairing & maintaining copper service lines for phone & fibre line for t.v. & internet. No need.
Yes sir, voice as well. The whole package on 1 service line.
Future skylines with less aerial line runs blocking the view.
cause & effect
Please be careful where you dig.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Should also be more reliable years down the road as there will be no chance of twisted pair "wet cable splice" failures.

I would think that MTS is going to have a lot of these in 2011 because of the high ground water seeping into the splices installed in the 70's and 80's

1 - 5 of 5 Posts