Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, 1st off, was on the FibeTV site and on the front page it said FibeTV was only available in The Beach. Is that new?

I entered our phone number and it says everything up to Fibe25 is available, so shouldn't FibeTV be available too?

Finally, I was planning on ditching Bell Phone for voip.ms. Any idea if there are additional charges for installing on a dry loop?

·
Super Moderator
17,038 Posts
I noticed they updated the Fibe TV site to say "Toronto: Select Areas".

Even if there is no dry loop charge, I don't think you'll save much by dropping Bell Phone once you calculate the bundling and free PVR rental.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I'll have to check the bundling savings, but seeing as I'd only be paying about $8 a month for home phone using VOIP.ms, the savings wold have to be significant.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are the prices on their programming page inclusive of the fibe 6 or is that an addition charge?

·
Super Moderator
17,038 Posts
Considering that the Basic package price without time-shifting is $24 (bundled) + $3 digital service fee, the Fibe 6 internet would be extra.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Right, of course.

Even with the bundling pricing it looks to me as though I'd be getting more features and flexibility on the home phone side with voip.ms. Based on my phone usage, my home phone would be about $8 a month via voip. With Bell, I'm currently paying $14 a month just for Visual Call Waiting. That's almost two months of voip.ms!

Guess I'll have to try and talk to a tech and see if I can get Fibe Internet and TV on a dry loop.

·
Super Moderator
17,038 Posts
I had no idea Bell's phone features were so expensive. In your case VOIP would probably be a lot cheaper.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm sure that you have LONG since figured this out, but just in case anyone else is looking at this thread for info, I figured I may as well provide the answer.

Bell no longer seems to care about dry loops; I guess they're more focused on making Fibe TV a success. I'm on Fibe TV and Fibe 25 Internet, no home phone. There were no hassles and no charges for having a dry loop.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts