Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can the cable and ethernet for the TV side of the modem be active at the same time? Or it all ethernet or all cable?

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
When I had FibreOP TV, both the cable and ethernet ports were active (cable for TV, ethernet for the computers).

I don't have the TV part anymore, but I don't see why it would have changed since.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Can the cable and ethernet for the TV side of the modem be active at the same time? Or it all ethernet or all cable?
There are 4 ethernet ports on the back of the router that each work independently of each other will automatically switch depending on what you have plugged in to each one.

·
Registered
308 Posts
no one has answered the question i beleilve the OP was asking, can they have for example 2 STBs connected by coax and 1 by CAT5e or does it have to be all on coax or all on cat5e?

·
Registered
24 Posts
The answer to your question is yes. The "cable" part ot the modem you are talking about is the Ethernet over Coax output. This will work simultaniously with any of the ethernet ports. Depending on your in home wiring the tech may use any combination of existing coax wiring and cat5 to provide "signal" to your STB's.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts