Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got word from aliant that killam is upgrading their apartment buildings to fiberOP WOOT! 100 and 101 archibald in moncton are being done in june so fiber on the 18th yay!

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
This is driving Ontario and Qubec people crazy! Here we are in NB, the "hillbillies" of Canada, with an uncapped and unthrottled FTTH internet service to small apartment buildings.

big :)

·
Super Moderator
11,129 Posts
Actually I remember back in the day of the 90's "information superhighway" NB was leaps and bounds ahead of any other province.

·
Banned
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
also i know for a fact that Toronto high rises are being updated to fibe but for obvious reasons it takes longer and is more expensive to install so it will be quite some time before they are all done and some will not be done cause as i far as i know bell is not offering free install to the buildings so some owners are not going to bother. it is the same reason some apartment building don't offer digital cable through rogers as they are not will to pay (even though rogers covers a portion of the fee)(not sure if bell does the same).

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
In Ontario and Quebec, they have "Fibe" which is VDSL2, not FTTH. To confuse things, In Quebec city, Bell is rolling out FTTH and still calling it Fibe.

What version of Fibe are apartments getting? I'd say, VDSL2.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts