Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

21 - 40 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
That sux joepro. I don't know about You but my house is a semi-detached duplex, I share the outside box with my neighbor. If your setup is the same, check with your neighbor can get it. It should maybe point Bhell in the right direction.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I spoke too soon...
Last night was horrible during the thunderstorm the picture would freeze every 30 seconds then the image disappeared and internet stopped working. Internet came back after modem power cycle but no TV. TV came back while I was in bed about 20 minutes later. This morning the internet wasn't working, had to power cycle modem again then it came back 10 minutes later !!1 Arrgh...thought I'd left Expressvu to avoid these issues !!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Well there you have it. After a crazy day where 10 different people from Bell called me, the technicians showed up even if the installation had been cancelled. Turns out there's a JWI less than 200 meters from my house. But guess what? I'm somehow connected to another remote that's around 2kms away and there is apparently NOTHING they can do for me. They also said this was unlikely to ever change, so I'll probably have to forget about FibeTV.

Unless someone knows how I can get them to switch me to the remote that's almost in my backyard?

·
Registered
166 Posts
It most likely means you're eligible for FibeTV IF your CO has been upgraded for IPTV. Where do you live?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Based on the info posted in this thread by hsantos, it looks like your CO won't be upgraded before sometime in 2011.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I reconfirmed today and it looks like any other region will be in 2011.
They need to deploy fiber and update the CO's everywhere first.

Ill update the thread when I have more info....but for now only three
sectors of Montreal will be done and ready to Fibe TV before the end
of the year.
As posted above....

·
Registered
23 Posts
actually his info aren't right.

my CO is MTRLPQ07 and the service is not available to me. ( neither to people that live near my house, in the same CO)

The irony is that Bell is making a lot of advertising for the service. And they even did a big MOntreal launch today.
But it seems that only Anjou can get it on the island for now.

So no MTRLPQ07 for sure. Until further notice.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Ill check tomorrow for MTRLPQ07 and why it is still not available.
Ill update has soon my contact returns my call.

·
Registered
11 Posts
yup

Yup bell are just like handing out brochure saying that Fibe Tv has arrive in my neighborhood but i have check and no i hasnt...

hate them lol

·
Registered
205 Posts
TODAY - meaning the day the article was written - Sept. 13, 2010, so it's now yesterday.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I can confirm MTRLPQ03 is currently serving FibeTV and it's not located in Anjou. Have you heard anything in the Bell Direct forum? Perhaps you are too far away from the CO or remote?

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'm near the botanique garden and will get my Fibe TV next tuesday night... Can't wait :)

21 - 40 of 161 Posts