Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's being pushed by Bell-Aliant. Anyone know of any reason why one should not just jump in? (price wise, it seems attractive)

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
I found the HD signal blocky when it was dealing with fast moving screens (more so then Rogers). Other then that it was a pretty good service, and it looks like its going to get better this year.

·
Premium Member
6,432 Posts
Many of my friends seem to regret the jump. Internet speed is ok but HD channels aren't the best. Also, there are some HD channels lacking from BellEVu.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I switched in the fall and am very happy with the offering, Internet speed is at what was advertised 25/5 and the TV is comparable to BellSatellite although the PVR functionality isn't there..yet. As for programming I did a channel by channel compare and apart for the fact that since BellAliant is a regional provider there are a lot of local channels from other parts of the country missing (Just an Altantic, Eastern and Pacific feed) there isn't too much else, the only HD channels I found (at the time) were The ScoreHD and TLC HD, that being said I have SpeedHD which as of yet has failed to appear on satellite. If the much hyped Mediaroom rollout happens as planned then it could be the game changer the telco needs to make a difference.

·
Registered
965 Posts
I have the same opinion as NB_TVLover basically. While additional HD channels would be awesome I don't find the SD channels offensive as I once did with Rogers.

As for the HD channel quality itself I find it looks better than it did on my Bell Expressvu service, but that could of course be TV dependent.

A final note: FibreOP TV is _NOT_ the same as FibeTV technology wise.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Just to note that the only issue I have with the service is in the HD TV area. The Internet part of it is awesome, and easily the best net you can get in New Brunswick.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Can one have the Internet and home phone on Fibre without the TV ?
Yes and no. You can have FibreOp Internet without taking the TV service but they're not delivering phone service over the Fibre yet. It's coming soon, though, and I don't see why you couldn't do Internet and phone without TV when they do.

·
Registered
300 Posts
For me the TV is just OK.

I really don't watch it on any kind of regular basis. It is easier to get what I want from the internet for my TV viewing.

I think that when it is available, if ever, I will just go with the Internet and phone. Eventually, when the kids are old enough to have their own cell phones, I'll cancel the home phone and just keep the internet service.

All of this depending on what happens with UBB and if Aliant continues to offer unlimited service, of course!;)

·
Registered
965 Posts
It is already available. You are by no means required to have TV service to have FibreOP Internet and phone service. When I originally signed up that is exactly what I had.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts