Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed today that Bell has updated its FibeTV availability tool on its website, and noticed that service has now been extended into the east end of downtown Toronto. This is mainly in postal code M5A.

The issue though, is for my location. I entered in my address and still had "not available". However, entering in addresses all around my building, the tool says FibeTV is "available". I find it really odd that all my neighbours are eligible yet my building is not (the multi-unit buildings around me qualify as well).

Anyone have any ideas what is going on? The rep I spoke to confirmed that it was available next door, and couldn't really elaborate why it would not be available to me.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Weird that it'd be all around but not to you. I'm an M5A and have been subscribed for 3 months now.

They should be able to give you a reason, odd that they can't/won't

·
Registered
51 Posts
Maybe M5A most building in M5B doesn;t have the avaliability as Fibe 25 should be avaliable and in many builings upto 10MB is avaliable.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm at M4C, and I've had it since November, but just until last week their site still said it'll be available in Mid-2011!

You certainly should have it in your area, as you're much more central than I am.

They ended up calling me when it was available, but the technician I called back did need some digging around to determine that it would work, as the site was confusing him too.

I think the catalyst was the Fibe25 availability, which indicates the bandwidth is there. Maybe a week or two after it came up for me, FibeTV was available.

What internet speeds does the Bell site offer you?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the same problem - I'm in the M5A area and I live in an area exclusively with large multiple dwelling units, and they all have Fibe availability, yet my building does not - the only one in the whole area. Bell can't say why, but there must be an escalation point somewhere.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Scarborough availability

I saw Bell trucks in M1S area of Scarborough a few weeks back. Talked to technician and they said they were installing Fibre TV. I checked Bell website and still says not available to my Phone#. I wonder how long it takes to light up the service once street has been wired ?

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
My AREA M1j should be available in July. for FibeTV

·
Registered
38 Posts
L4J and L4K

These areas show availability now in Thornhill/Concord part of Vaughan...acccording to the Fibe TV availablity tool...

·
Registered
165 Posts
When available in Oshawa?

I can get a good price for TV if I sign up for a 2 year contract. I would like to get IPTV but if it is going to be more than a year getting here I guess I will go with the offered deal.

Anyone have know how long it will take to get to Oshawa?

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
You'll need to use the Bell availability tool for that type of information.

·
Registered
165 Posts
availability

Unfortunately, it says it isn't available but it doesn't give any indication when it will be available. It does appear to be rolling out very slowly. Must be having a lot of problems. I guess I will just sign up with another provider and assume it will be at least 5 year before it gets here.

·
Registered
34 Posts
when is Fibe TV Coming to Burlington

I see Bell working on Lines for Fibetv

But the workers tell me in next month or so

Anyone know when it's coming I want to Dump BellTV(expressview)

·
Super Moderator
56,862 Posts
They usually send you a notice when your area has it. It is very area-specific, sometimes even various apartment buildings have it or don't have it, or various streets. There is therefore no "Burlington" date. Check their website and put in your postal code to check. You may wish to put in codes close to you to see if they have or do not have it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Fibe TV Expansion ???

Anyone hear anything about Fibe expanding outside of Toronto and Montreal? I am in Ancaster (Hamilton) and am waiting patiently for the news. I am sick of Cogecrap (Cogeco Cable) and want to NOW! Bell CSR's have no information. Hopefully someone out there has some good news for me.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Bell had said 4 million homes by the end of 2011 but, for obvious business reasons, they don't publish maps saying when and where they are going to have the service available.

The only way to know is to checking for availability on the Bell website.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts