Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
101 - 105 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Finally, Bell came thru for us with Sat TV and no Bell internet. As Smokin Joe pointed out, live TV on the Fibe app. Although, it only allows you to watch on 1 TV at a time without Bell internet. Better than nothing like we had. Still 5 devices in total. Thank you Bell.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Another very strange observation, now that the new tv season has started the network shows I do watch and record I always record off the U.S. networks and when watching any of the Chicago shows recording off 1200/1210 on my Bell 9400 receiver I still get the Citytv simulcasting no matter what, but when playing back the recordings off the Bell app there is no simulcasting at all and the show is using the U.S. feed instead. I’ve tested this with the FBI shows which are usually Global and the Chicagos which are Citytv, so far so good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
252 Posts
After a week of testing I can confirm 100% that all U.S. network shows recorded off the U.S. feeds on to my 9400 all playback totally sim-sub free on the bell app via firestick/Apple TV or whatever with full DVR functionality and if played back on the receiver itself all applicable sim-subs are there, so if anyone wants to get around the sim-sub this is the way to do it for network shows.

·
Registered
252 Posts
No but you can record the shows or sports off the U.S. networks you want on the 9241/9400/9500 and watch them sim-Sub free on the app

101 - 105 of 105 Posts