Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

341 - 360 of 566 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I too had the same issues with 4K from Fibe. I finally had them remove the 4K box and currently use my old 1080P one. Is there a website that you know of where I can see direct updates from Bell on this issue?
Cheers!!

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
^^^^ Your best option is to keep coming back here and watching for updates in this thread as members who are hot on this keep track of their software and firmware versions.

The way Bell rolls out updates, it often seems to happen randomly and without warning.

Cameron

·
Registered
1 Posts
4k problem

Have been using the 4k box for the past 2 months with no problems running through my Yamaha A2050 A/V receiver. Well Bell ran a software update this past Wednesday and ever since I get a message from my Yamaha receiver saying:

This content is not compatible with your TV. Please connect HDMI out to the HDMI input jack that supports HDCP2.2 of the TV.

I know both the TV and A/V receiver support HDCP2.2 and when I bypass the receiver and go directly to the TV it works. Obviously when they rolled out this update it messed things up and I much prefer to run this through my AV receiver because I would get the 4k at 60fps and now running to my tv directly I only get 24fps. Noticed the picture quality on all HD channels isn't as great either. Just wish bell would get these software updates correct and anyone with similar problems please let Bell know. Problem is I bet there is a very small combo of 4k receivers and Yamaha av receiver combos out there.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Update: I read on another forum that Bell will be updating the 4K PVR on June 3 to address the issues with Sony Bravia 4K TVs. Keep yer fingers crossed. Oh, and maybe they will get the sound to sync with the video too!
UPDATE!!!
The 4K issue with Sony Bravia TVs seems to have been resolved with an update from Bell yesterday. I can now watch 4K channels (Blue Jays Baseball) in 4K on SN4K. Yay! Also voice and lips are now synced!! Double Yay!

Let me know if your Sony 4K TV is working now.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi All,

How do I get channel 1395 SN4K in Quebec? I have SN4K 1, but not 1395. What do I need to choos in the a la carte?

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same probleme with my yamaha 3050. Ido not have a 4k tv, but before the new firmware, everything was fine.

A representation told me today that Bell implement hdcp 2.2 and the only way to view my tv was to have a direst connection with the tv and the 4k receiver and then to route an optical or hdmi with the arc cable from the tv to the av receiver.

When a will have a 4k tv, i will put everything like before.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bell 4k receiver is now hdcp 2.2 . So, i think that all past 4k tv without hdcp 2.2 will not be able to display 4k channel anymore.

They will be able to display only 1080 p resolution.

I am right?

·
Registered
3 Posts
UPDATE!!!
The 4K issue with Sony Bravia TVs seems to have been resolved with an update from Bell yesterday. I can now watch 4K channels (Blue Jays Baseball) in 4K on SN4K. Yay! Also voice and lips are now synced!! Double Yay!

Let me know if your Sony 4K TV is working now.
My Sony XBR850D still cannot display 4k with the Bell 4K box.
I tried rebooting.
Any other ideas?

·
Registered
13 Posts
My Sony XBR850D still cannot display 4k with the Bell 4K box.
I tried rebooting.
Any other ideas?
Hmmm, sorry, no I don't. My 4K is working, but the lip sync has reverted to being out of step on 4K channels, or at least on SN4K Blue Jays Baseball.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Mine now loses signal after 10 seconds.... Tune to the next channel and the same happens.... And they are making us pay for testing this service...

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
SONY TV x850c

Finally got my update yesterday for my Bell 4K receiver! And it finally works with my Sony TV. No more greenish tints and the box displays in 3840 x 2160!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a LG 55ub8500 which is supposed to be able to handle 4k at 60fps, but when i try to use it with the bell fibe 4k receiver the best i can get is 4k at 24fps,

·
Registered
31 Posts
@Liam1958

I have the exact same TV. You can only get 4k at 24fps on port 1. Port 3 which is HDMI 2.0 is not HDCP 2.2 compliant and will not be able to output 4k at 60 fps. Thats the crappy part of an early gen 4k tv.

In order to get full 10bit colour with 60fps on HDMI port 3, you will have to buy this adaptor to bypass HDCP compliance.
https://www.hdfury.com/shop/splitters/integral-4k60-444-600mhz/

I will be ordering it shortly and its does work well according to someone you has tested it. You can read more about it on this thread
49/55UB8500 Owner's Thread - Page 23 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Let me know if you require assistance. Mine is setup and works perfectly through HDMI port 1 with no sync issues. I will post results when I get the HDFury to utilize HDMI Port 3.

·
Registered
6 Posts
THE 2016 IHEARTRADIO MMVAs will air live in 4K for the first time on Sunday, June 19 at 9 p.m. ET.

Source
Does anyone know on which channel it will air in 4K?
On the link, it just says that it will be broadcasted in 4K, but says it will be on Much and CTV. AFAIK Much and CTV don't have a dedicated 4K channel.

341 - 360 of 566 Posts