Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hola,

Former Bell internet subscriber (now with Cogeco), and a bit frustrated with the services being offered in my area. Cogeco is nowhere near offering fiber-optics in my area, apparently, so I was hoping somebody had heard something regarding Bell?

Thanks.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Bell Fibe is FTTN (or Fibre to the node) - the end node might only be a block away.. from the node to the house is still copper for Fibe.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
As noted in other threads, there are no official announcements.

As pshine noted, Bell Fibe (being offered in Toronto and Montreal) is NOT fibre optic to the home despite sounding like it.

Bell Alliant in the Maritimes offers FibreOP which truly is Fibre to the home.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Fibe is not fibre-optics any more than Cogeco's services are.
I've not heard anything either, but I have to correct the above statement. FIBE may not be fibre-to-the-home, but it's miles closer to it then Cogeco, which is cable all the way.

My suspicion is that Bell is laying out fibre-to-the-node for the time being to widen their base, and is planning to make the final step to the home (as a "upgrade") at a later time, once they feel they have enough FTTN subscribers.

·
Registered
201 Posts
hugh said:
As pshine noted, Bell Fibe (being offered in Toronto and Montreal) is NOT fibre optic to the home despite sounding like it.
Bell Fibe internet is also available in Ottawa. I've had it for a few weeks now.

elyk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts