Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1001 - 1009 of 1009 Posts

·
Super Moderator
56,470 Posts
Sorry, but the Fibe system "authenticates" the recordings each time you try to play and if you're not connected to Fibe, it won't play.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Did USA ARRIS VIP2502 receivers can be activated on Bell Fibe?

I am just wondering if any ARRIS VIP2502 receivers coming from USA providers may be activated on BELL FIBE? They are easier to find used in USA and extremely cheap... compared to classified in Canada...

Thx :)

·
Super Moderator
16,719 Posts

·
Registered
8,715 Posts
Bell can only activate receivers that are in their database of serial numbers.
In other words, Bell will only activate receivers that they themselves sold. They will not activate receivers from other broadcast distributors (BDUs) or receivers purchased directly from the manufacturer. That's true of most Canadian BDUs. Even though two companies might use identical equipment (for example Bell and Telus or Rogers and Shaw) they will not activate the other company's equipment on their system even if the consumer owns it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Got it folks! thank you for clarifying this for the US receivers.

And what about Ontario vs Quebec? I mean... I live in Quebec where I don't find a single VIP2502 in the classifieds, but if I extend my search to Ontario, there's PLENTY of VIP2502 in the classifieds... is there something different between Bell's terms of services in Ontario and Quebec? Am I missing something here?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Bell fibe PVR

I am looking at the Bell Fibre service and wondered how many channels you can record at the same tiime with the PVR? Can’t seem to find this on the Bell site.

Thanks,
Bill

·
Super Moderator
16,719 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Mike:
Of which up to 3 can be HD (on the non-4K PVR) and the other is non-HD.

1001 - 1009 of 1009 Posts