961 - 980 of 1009 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,666 Posts

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
@Ebi
You should call loyalty department and they may be able to answer your question about the additional charges.
If you want to save $8 on receiver rental fee then you should consider getting Fire stick tv. It costs about $50 and does better job accessing Bell and different streaming services than Bell wireless receivers.
Other players can do that as well like Apple TV but Fire tv stick does pretty good job at fraction of the cost.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
It might be better but the pricing is outrageously expensive for what it is. For the price of Fibe vs Ignite, Fibe wins every time. When Rogers decides to negotiate and offer fair pricing it might be a discussion worth having.
It is only partially true. Once the promotion runs out on Fibe Tv then it could cost more than Fire tv as there is no guarantee that Bell will offer the same promo at the end of the contract.

·
Registered
180 Posts
You're partially true when it comes to the pricing but A) Apples to Apples at full price Bell is still cheaper and B) Bell from what I understand will keep pricing somewhat close to what the promo pricing is to keep you as a customer especially if you call close to the 1 yr marker and threaten to buy out the 2nd year for $75.

·
Super Moderator
16,666 Posts
If you want to save $8 on receiver rental fee then you should consider getting Fire stick tv. It costs about $50 and does better job accessing Bell and different streaming services than Bell wireless receivers.
Other players can do that as well like Apple TV but Fire tv stick does pretty good job at fraction of the cost.
Bell insists that you have their unlimited internet if you want to stream that way.

Related thread: https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/188-bell-fibe-tv/239154-bell-fibe-tv-app-7.html#post3039610

·
Registered
180 Posts
Also, the only issue with the Fire TV sticks from what I understand is you can't access PVR shows until they are done recording as they come off of the cloud and you download them to view so if you miss the first part of a show, you have to wait until it ends to watch. For a secondary TV like in a guest room or kitchen it's a good call but I wouldn't use it for your primary viewing device.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
For primary viewing most people use PVR.

Again when it comes to full pricing then Bell could be even more expensive than Ignite tv. I have been with Bell on and off for many years and have cancelled the service few times because Bell would not offer good promo after the contract was over.
What I like about Ignite tv offer is that customer could swap channels at no additional cost.

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
^^^^
I have often found Rogers will cut the price if you ask. I have done that several times.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Dr. Dave
I have found a same wireless receiver from Kijiji. I plugged it in and after linking it with wifi transmitter it stuck on Bell Fibe logo. Is there any kind of activation prior to running it . Does this mean the box is under bell or another person name for example . How it works if it's for a person and he is telling is for him how can be sure it will work for me . I have found some wifi receivers but not sure if the device is for them or rental .
Thanks a lot

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
@Ebi
You will have to call bell to activate the receiver and Bell will activate it assuming it was not a rental unit and the previous owner had removed it from his or hers account.

·
Super Moderator
16,666 Posts
@Ebi Did you follow my previous advice and phone Bell with the serial number before buying to confirm the seller actually owned the hardware?

Here is the info from the Bell Support site when I type in "activation."

How to activate your wireless HD receiver | Slim remote
Step-by-step tutorial In Support / TV
Call us at 1 866 797-8686 Once you see the Fibe TV activation screen, press select to begin the activation. Select the desired language. Once activation is completed

Once you see the Fibe TV activation screen, press select to [...]
Select the desired language.
Select Activate.
Once activation is completed, press select to restart your [...]
Your wireless receiver is now restarting. Do not press any [...]
View all steps

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Dave,
Thanks for response.
I tried to follow your advise .
The problem is neither Billing nor Tech support are trying to help .
I called 4 times so far and not helpful at all .
The seller agreed to get paid after it worked so it was a good one.
Just wasn't successful in the activation part yet from Bell

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have no idea what's going on in Bell , frustrated and couldn't get even tow answers same from two different reps. I gonna return the equipment to the guy I bought from . I have no idea how should I talk to bell repa to be able to activate min . Just frustrated and tired

·
Registered
34 Posts
On January 8th, I switched from Rogers to Bell Fibe here in Kitchener. After completing the work the Bell Tech said he could take the Rogers equipment and have it returned to Rogers. I foolishly agreed as he said it was a Bell Customer Service.

Last Friday, I was shocked to receive a Rogers Invoice for $944.33 for not returning the Rogers Equipment, Being Router, Modem and Receiver/PVR.

After many hours of calls, emails the issue of the missing modem, router and receiver/PVR seems to have been solved today. The Bell Supervisor acknowledged that Bell Technician did take my Rogers Equipment and left it on a shelf in their shop from January 8th until today when I drove from Kitchener to Guelph to retrieve it this morning and then return it to Rogers for credit of $944.33

Why he ever offered to do this as a Bell Customer Service is beyond me and never follow through or admit his mistake and just leave it on a shelf in a shop is baffling. I should have known better yes but that is 20/20 hindsight. I am sure everyone has been updated on the fact of never to accept Rogers equipment.

The Rogers Rep I spoke to an hour later who was calling the second consecutive day asking when and how I was going to settle my $944 outstanding amount was exceptional and spent 45 minutes following up the return and ensuring the amounts were properly credited. She even waived the Late Payment Penalty Charges. Thank you Antoinette from Rogers Wireless, you were the absolute epitome of Customer Service As was the Bell Technical Supervisor who was absolutely outstanding in resolving this matter.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Two VIP2262s OnSame Network

A thread on here from 2014 addressed the question of having two 2262 PVRs on the same network. The responses ranged from "impossible" to "can be done", with Bell adding to the confusion by having multiple techs and CSRs giving opposing opinions. What is the current status of this, is it possible these days, and if so, how?

I fully understand that Fibe only allows one PVR at a time, so obviously I'm asking about using the second 2262 as a simple receiver. I need to expand our network here at home and am not keen to rent, or buy at Bell's current price of $275 for a 2202 when I can pick up used boxes for relatively little.

Thanks in advance for any advice

·
Super Moderator
16,666 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the re-direct, better fit here for sure. That thread from 2014 was a bit old and very inconclusive, so I thought I'd resurrect the question in case some new info had come out. And of course you're right about the issues in buying used. I just bought two used boxes on EBay, and both the seller and I contacted Bell separately, and were both told that the units were OK to activate. I bought them, then spent an hour on the phone trying to activate, only to be told that Level 3 Tech Support had determined they WERE rental units after all.

961 - 980 of 1009 Posts