Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Fibe, Questions..

410965 Views 1146 Replies 247 Participants Last post by  elyk
Im thinking of ditching bell tv after 5 years. Love the service, prices are good but sick of satellite tv losing signal in bad storms. The new Fibe tv service is available in my area.I currently have the fibe25 internet. Ive read that its a max of 4 set top box's. My question is i have 5 tvs. I want to change to fibe tv and i obviously want to watch my 5 tv's so i need 5 set tops. The most set top box's that will ever be on at once is 4 ( 3 sd and 1 hd). Now is it possible to get a 5 box install in this case? the 5 tvs will NEVER all be used at once. Unfortunately this is a deal breaker for me.. I need the 5 tvs or ill have to either settle for bell tv or make the swap back to robbers. I'd call be all ask but i already know ill call 5 times n get 5 different answers so i always come here first :cool:

Thanks in advanced folks.
1 - 6 of 1147 Posts
Currently you can get an extra 40Gb capacity for $5/month extra for a total of 65Gb/month on their Fibe6 plan that is mandatory with the FibeTV. Just signed up on the weekend - there was a bell free ice cream truck on the beach boardwalk the week before run by the bell Fibe marketing guys (not the retail stores) and they offered the same deals but with free installation that the retail stores couldn't match.

Still have to receive application confirmation and an install date, I will post my experiences here when I get it.
When my installer was over, they said to not mix Coax with Ethernet, they ran new Coax because I had some Coax already instead of mixing the wiring.
I had the same grandfathered plan as you and unfortunately, they did not allow that to carry over (at least in my case - I even switched from Rogers!). It's a bummer!
Does FibeTV have The Weather Network HD?

Hi all,

I heard that the Weather Network HD is available on Rogers (in HD) but I don't see it anywhere on FibeTV - am I blind? or has it not come over to Bell yet?
If I get Much Music (SD) - should I automatically get MM HD?

Hi all,

It used to be that if you get the SD channel, then you automatically get the HD version of that - is this still true? I got Much Music HD a few weeks ago, now it says I am not subscribed to this channel - but I still have a package that gives me Much Music in SD.
Well, I was promised that when I wasn't using my HD TV streams that I would get 25Mbps downloads even though I had to switch to Fibe6 - it was sold to me as an added benefit of the FibeTV system. After 3 months, Bell sent a letter to all of us in the Toronto Beaches neighborhood that we would now be capped to 6Mbps regardless of whether the TV streams are being used or not. So I wouldn't count on Bell giving anyone a free ride for long.
1 - 6 of 1147 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.