Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I've been having really slow speeds with Fibe Internet starting last night. It's been excellent the whole time.

Called tech support and got to tier 3 support but they're gonna call me back. Anyone else having issues like this?

I'm getting 1.27Mbps down and 319lbps up. It's usually somewhere above 5Mbps down and near 1Mbps up. They sent me to a Bell site to do a speed test and everything seems fine (http://internet.bell.ca/index.cfm?language=en&method=content.view&content_id=15561&INT=ISP_SS_20090504_JG_VURL_service_speedcheck_EN):

but when I go to speedtest.net or even another one of Bell's Speed Test (http://206.47.199.107/) it shows my actual results:

Anyone have any insight into this?

Thanks

Peter

·
Registered
205 Posts
Speed issues like this are usually caused by Bell's connection they have to the internet, or sometimes caused by routing. I've seen this happen personally on the old DSL platform where if I got a certain range of IP's on my DSL modem, I got brutal speeds to almost every site, but as soon as I got a different IP, all was good. Your issue may not be the same, but just an example.

There probably is not a single thing wrong with YOUR internet connection itself, but more because of something on Bell's side they'll need to resolve - such as routing, etc.

My speed is decent right now - it's about 8Mb down and 2Mb up. The limiting factor for me at the moment is I'm on wireless.

Try giving your modem a few reboots - sometimes it fixes stuff like this.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply, still haven't received a phone call from Bell yet but the issue seems to have resolved itself without any intervention from me.

I tried the reboots and usual suspects before calling Bell in the first place.

If the Bell technician calls me and gives me any useful info I'll post it here.

Thanks Again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts