Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if Fibe 25 internet is available before Fibe TV is it a benefit to get Fibe 25 first or is it best to wait and get both at the same time?

In terms of cost / promos / rewiring

·
Registered
111 Posts
Fibe TV requires that you have ONLY Fibe Internet 6. If you get Fibe Internet 25, you become not eligible for Fibe TV. BUT, you can get Fibe Internet 6, and when you'll get Fibe TV, your Internet speed (when all TV powered off and no Recording happening) will go up tp 25 Mbps.

·
Registered
415 Posts
From what I know Fibe Internet will be availble sooner than Five TV

Check the availability based on your phone number on Bell web site.

But like GoldstarQC said... FibeTV needs Fibe25...to work.
When TV is off... speed can go up to 25... When TV is On speed will be max @ 6

·
Super Moderator
17,242 Posts
When TV is off... speed can go up to 25... When TV is On speed will be max @ 6
That's not quite correct. This forum has lots of speed tests showing about 17 Mbps with 1 HD stream active and about 11 Mbps with 1 SD and 2 HD streams .

·
Registered
415 Posts
Sorry.... but I based my answer on a document I read about the Bell IP PVR

·
Registered
220 Posts
I have been a subscriber to the Bell Fibe 25 Internet Service and I must say I am extremely happy, the speeds are exactly what is advertised to be, but then again I am less then 1000 feet to the CO and i have no problems whatsoever, I can be on at anytime of day or night and the speeds are always the same. I am very happy with the service. I went online and signed up for this new Bell Fibe TV and I was told by the representative that it was not yet available in my area, that was fine, 2 days later I got a phone call from Bell stating that there had been a mis-understanding when I was on the phone with them and that indeed I was eligible for the Bell Fibe TV, so with that said I called back the number that was left on my voice mail, and spoke to a gentleman who in turn told me that no I was not yet eligible for the video service, only for internet , so as you can see Bell can really confuse us poor customers.. anyways a quick question? if and when I do get this Bell Fibe TV, does it count towards my monthly bandwith? and if so, how much bandwith does 2 TV's running eat up??? is it a lot? please get back to me if anyone has any suggestions. thanks, Gus

·
Super Moderator
17,242 Posts
@upsdriver, Fibe TV does not count as part of your data usage since it is on Bell's internal network. Only internet usage counts.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Thanks

Thanks for your quick reply, then in that case its good to know... I cant wait for the service to be available in my area, they got back to me in an email and said it would be available in mid 2011 this is just way too long to wait for... I hope they can speed it up a little and make it happen before the end of the year... hehehe, thanks alot

1 - 8 of 8 Posts