Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How quick does Bell plan to expand their service with Fibe Tv. Here in the Sault we are held hostage with their lousy programming options and pricing. Im thinking it would take until 2013 at least till we get it but hopefully not

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Fibe TV in Sask?

I was at Best Buy yesterday and saw a pallet of Bell Fibe TV HD pvr's being put on the shelf. After the employees left the area I went back and looked at one of the boxes and they definately where not Bell Sat TV receivers. To my knowledge Fibe TV isn't available here. I suppose I could have asked an employee but it is best buy after all.

·
Super Moderator
16,401 Posts
Sasktel has switched to Mediaroom which uses the same hardware and software as Bell Fibe TV. Were the boxes actually labelled as Bell Fibe TV?

Two possibilities:
1) Best Buy shipped them to the wrong store.
2) Sasktel is allowing customers to buy the Bell branded boxes at retail stores and use them for Sasktel MAX IPTV.

Since Bell doesn't own any residential land-lines in Sask., they wouldn't be able to sell the Fibe TV service there.

There is a Sasktel IPTV forum if you would like to explore the product further.

·
Premium Member
4,083 Posts
Bell Fibe TV in Ottawa When & US Channels?

I'm not sure when Fibe TV will be available in Ottawa, but when ever it comes it comes. The thing I 'm wondering about what will Ottawa have for its US East coasts feeds?

I'm almost certain Ottawa will get everything Toronto or Montreal is getting(Specialty) and timeshifting(we'll probably get A Ottawa instead of Barrie or London.

But what for the US ones? I'm sure we'll get Seattle for west.

But will we get Detroit? Buffalo? or the ones Montreal is getting?

And I'm sure we'll get WPBS Watertown because it being extremely popular here.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Any expansion rumours?

I've been taking a look at Bell Fibe TV today, and it looks like it might fit the bill for me. Unfortunately I haven't found any information about expansion plans or timelines.

Does anyone know when we might see Fibe TV in the 905, specifically Milton? It looks like Fibe 16 is available for me but not Fibe TV.

Thanks
Pete

·
Registered
80 Posts
Fibe TV in 905 regions

Anyone know when Fibe tv will be avaliable in the 905 regions???

Specifically Vaughan, Ontario?

I can't wait to get rid of Rogers Cable, I have already gotten rid of their internet, landline and cellphone. I am just waiting for the day I can ditch Rogers forever.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Fibe TV in Hamilton area?

Has anyone heard any rumours on the availability and/or launch of Fibe TV in other areas? Especially the Hamilton area? I am sick of the overpriced junk cable service that Cogeco provides. I am desperate for something else. Looking forward to switching to Fibe as soon as it's available.

·
Member #1
47,716 Posts
Merged threads and stickied.

The truth is that no one outside of Bell knows when and where Fibe will be available.

However, if any announcements are made, you will hear about here.

·
Registered
45 Posts
We're at the 3000 Carling Ave area and some of the Bell techs I've spoken to have said very soon. One said late spring. They installed the fibre optic last fall along Carling and put a new box just outside our building. Time will tell.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Bell Fibe TV On Hamilton Mountain ?

Well, I checked again today on the Bell Five TV availability page for my Hamilton Mountain address, and see it is now saying coming within 6 months; previously it has been saying a year....so, I guess this is an improvement !

:D

Scooter62

·
Registered
121 Posts
Bell Fibe TV Available On Hamilton Mountain

Update to my last post above; as of 16-APR-2012, Bell Fibe TV is available in some pockets of the Hamilton Mountain; this according to Bell World on Hamilton Mountain and the fact it became available to myself in the Garth and Stonechurch area.

Scooter62

·
Registered
8 Posts
FibeTV in Keswick, Ontario

Hi all,

I just checked the Bell site and it says that Fibe TV is available in my area. This was not the case about a month ago. Now when I called in, they said it is not available? Not sure why the site would say that.

Does anyone in Keswick have FibeTV?

Thanks

·
Registered
230 Posts
FibeTV Deployment Map

I know there is a lots of discussion about Fibe TV being available here and there.

I wonder if someone would have a map of actual availability and coming soon, coming after, etc... with Time Schedule.

I am in the dark about availability here, for fibetv, but also, improvement in Internet speed and capacity. stuck under 3mb here :(

Also, a map is visual and quick information fact

thank's

·
Registered
20 Posts
Not that I'm aware of. I work for bell and live in keswick. Only area right now is the new subdivision going into Sutton on the north side of baseline rd. Things will be changing I'm sure in the next 6 months. First will probably be around the beer store area. They are updating and installing equiptment in the central office in town.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Here is my story with the Fibe TV 'availability' site... you know, the one that tells you if Fibe TV is in your neighbourhood.

In Spring 2011 the site said that my neighbourhood would be setup by September 2011. Great, I thought.

Come September 2011 the site changed to 'within the next year'. So I got sad.

Come December 2011, the site just said that Fibe TV is not available in my area, with no ETA.

Around February 2012 the site said that Fibe TV would come within the next 6 months... it said that every month for 6 months.

Then, near the fall, it said 3 months! Oh boy! 3 months later, in November, it was still saying 3 months. However, in late November, 2012, the site said 'within the next month!' I was getting excited.

December passed... January passed... and it still said 'within the next month.' Until February. Now it again says that Fibe TV is simply not available in my area.

The frustrating part is (and I understand network structure and logistics) - the house next to my apartment building HAS Fibe TV available (as do the rest of the houses up the street). Fibe TV is available 300 metres to the east as well, at a friends out a couple of blocks away. It's available 300 metres to the south, at another friends.

Somehow, my area of town (NDG, near Westmount) is in this dead zone of activity. (NDG closer to Westmount has Fibe TV, though... as in, I'm 2 blocks out so I can't get it, but if you're one block out, you can).

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
All that means is the deployment of fibe does not go sequencially, ie every house or building in incremental order because its possible the telephone lines were run in different order and there may be more complex upgrade work needed for certain buildings to make it available, while other buildings which may have been constructed at a later date may have the necessary infastructure in place. So in plain english, you will get it but there is no accurate estimated time because also equiptment vendors can also postpone the deployment due to limited hardware availability, customer demand, inventory supply, and project managers can change things on the fly.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts