Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found out the favourites list , even locked in after editing with go back button rather than exit still does nothing to the channel up & down feature
It deliver all channels , ignoring favourites list . So unsubscribed channels show up What a PAIN! This is with 600 & 630 receivers.

·
Registered
783 Posts
I think that favourites has always worked that way hasn't it? I initially used favourites to block unwanted channels from the guide but then switched to using parental locks as new channels will show up for you to check out and decide if you want them where as new channels don't show up with favourites set.

Even parental locked channels will be accessed when scrolling up or down through the channels though they will have a blank screen asking for your PIN number.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Apparently on the legacy receivers the channels were locked & did not show with up & down I liked that better

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
I think that if you lock out unwanted channels, use the subscribed channel list plus set the guide settings to not show unsubscribed channels they will not show up. I agree that Shaw Direct receivers leave a lot to be desired with parental controls and channel scanning.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The issue was not that the guide shows up wrong but that using up & down buttons shows every channel including unsubscribed channels
Channel surfing with the buttons is a pain because of this

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
I am aware of that. Just double checked and my suggestion doesn't work. Not only doesn't it work right with favourites lists but it doesn't work right with channels locks either. The whole implementation of the Channel +/- buttons are a mess on the 600 series receivers. The inconsistencies drive me crazy so I keep my fingers off them whenever possible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts